Wednesday, August 18, 2021

CAS Mix Up Stencil Challenge - August 2021

Hello friends.  Long time no see!  Other than scheduled design team posts, I haven't been around much this Summer.  I'd like to say it was just a busy and fun Summer, but I had a cancer scare that pretty much knocked me on my behind!  My faith is VERY strong, but between all the tests and biopsies and appointments and waiting, waiting, waiting, and then the dreaded walk into the cancer center to meet with an oncologist...well it definitely was NOT a fun Summer!  But I'm happy to finally say that it was a false alarm, and after a small surgical procedure, I am healing and good to go!  And on another positive note, my husband and I are FINALLY empty nesters AGAIN!!  Please tell me we're not the only ones who have had their children move out, only to move back home again, then move out again, and then move back home yet AGAIN?!  Our youngest finally bought her own place though, so I think we're empty nesters for good now (knock on wood!!)!  I like a clean and picked up house (other than my stamping desk that is!), and our youngest was notorious for leaving a trail of crap everywhere she went in our house...I don't miss it at all!!  Well, maybe I miss her a little bit.  :0)

OK, now onto the CAS Mix Up Challenge I am playing in today...they are challenging us to stamp through a stencil!


I love, LOVE stencils, so this was a fun challenge to play in!  I started with a Gina K stencil (Crazy Daisy Stencil) and here's what I came up with...


I stenciled with Sweet Corn ink and then lightly went over the stencil edges with some Prickly Pear ink (both Gina K inks) to deepen the outside edges.  While leaving the stencil in place, next I used The Greetery's Big Plans Background Stamp with Coral Reef ink (also Gina K) and stamped through the stencil.  Some areas didn't ink up as well as others, so I cut the piece down and added a black mat layer, and then added both those layers to a piece of white cardstock that I used a MB Pinpoint Leaf Plate on.  Also added a black mat layer to that and then mounted all 4 layers to a top folding white card base.  I finished with a die cut sentiment using MB's Big Hugs Posh Script die.  Not too bad for not stamping for a couple months...felt good to get back into it!!

There's still time to play along with this challenge, (open till the 24th) so check out all the amazing inspiration from the DT and their special GD right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Susan said...

Marcia, that is beautiful! Love the vibrant orange stamping through the stencil and the contrast it gives to the soft yellow of the original stencilling. Fabulous pierced background!

nancy littrell said...

So scary to have to go thru all the tests, a bit of surgery...But, Awesome news that you are free and clear of any C....., My friend. You sure find out how precious life, family and friends, etc are after the scare! BIG HUGS to you, my friend and Thank you so much for sharing your Gorgeous stamping thru a stencil CAS card with us at CAS Mix Up. I love the stencil and colors you chose and your stamping and die cut Big Hugs:-) Enjoy your clean house....a visit is always enjoyed, but...a long stay can get complicated. Yes, I know! Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

You've taken that technique and put your own stamp on it, Marcia! After mentioning Sweet Corn, I've a real hankering for it! Love your matting, and layers while keeping it pretty CAS and sweet!
I was so grateful for that 'all clear' sign, I can't even tell you - well I guess I did tell you! I'll just keep telling you - life would not be as fun without you, my friend! Yay to empty nesting - even though we miss the little buggers now and then! xx
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad it was just a scare, Marcia! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! You sure had a lesson in faith and perseverance this summer. Hopefully that is all behind you and you can enjoy having your home back! Been there and done that and totally understand! Love, love, love your card! The Fall colors are so pleasing and I love the stamping, layering and background! Things are looking up all round, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! The stenciled/stamped focal draws you right in. My goodness, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through with the cancer scare and so very thankful to God that it was a false alarm. Perhaps He had your youngest home with you during this frightening time. XO

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Marcia. Love the background for your pretty stenciled panel. So sorry for all you have been through this summer, but thank the Lord it was a false scare and you are all well again. Good to see you posting. Yes to the empty nester back and forth. :)

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, I'm so glad everything came back -ve, it's so frightening waiting for the results ♥
Beautiful card, love crosshatch stamping in the stencil :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh Marcia, what a tough time you've had. I'm so glad things are looking brighter.
I can relate to the messy Daughter:) My dd is living in another State to us now and with all the Lockdowns we are having trouble catching up.
Your card is so beautiful! I love the colours, the matting, the pinpoint layer - all gorgeous! Take care and thanks for joining in. Hugs x

HilaryJane said...

So sorry about your trauma this summer, what a relief that it is all over. It is a reminder of how fragile life can be. Also congratulations on having your house back. I think I can understand your relief. I don't even like it when my children come to stay. I think it is something about having extra adults in the house that is quite overwhelming. the children are fine. Anyway, I love your card, it is such a perfect example of this technique. I also love hoy you have framed it and that background die. It is one of my favourites. So nice to see you back and sharing with us at CAS Mix Up xx

Bobby said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had a cancer scare this summer, Marcia, and equally grateful that it was just a scare. Waiting to find out is the hard part but now you can rejoice. I always love your little black borders. They make your stencil stamping and embossing really stand out.

Mac Mable said...

Dearest Marcia what a time of it you've had and my heart goes out to you x. I am so glad that everything is now positive but it sure cannot have been easy my friend x.
Your card looks fabulous, great background cover plate and the technique looks amazing. Sending big hugs right back to you Marcia x.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind, friendly and encouraging comment on my return to crafting. I really appreciate it and it is so good to be crafting again x.

Brenda in IN said...

Waiting is the worst but your waiting paid off big time. Thank goodness you got checked out and you are okay. What an ordeal for you and my heart goes out to you having to go through that. Big hugs and blessings to you. This card is awesome. You sure came back with a bang!

Loll said...

Oh Marcia. I had no idea you were dealing with this. So happy to hear that it was a false alarm, my friend! You and your hubby must be so relieved!!

Your card is beautiful. I love that soft yellow (Sweet Corn ... perfect name!). So pretty with the coral stamping. Wonderful framing and die-cut sentiment to finish. Great work with this technique! Love, Loll

Birgit said...

Breathing a sigh of relief on my end for your good news my friend. PTL!! Your card is beautiful as always and I'm so glad your back to getting inky. And the "empty nest".... So happy for you all!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Marcia I am so HAPPY to hear that you are okay!!! It must have been awful for you and now you can breath a sigh of relief....Yay! I only have one child and he still lives here but he is so tidy you wouldn't even know he was here! He's a great help to me and my rock.
On to your gorgeous card... I love it! The stenciling is so perfect it actually looks like a die cut... Amazing! Stay well and have a super day

Chrissie said...

It must have been a difficult summer indeed but I'm so pleased that now all is well! Your card is awesome... the stamping certainly adds great interest to the finished result! It's fabulous!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up
Chrissie x

Robyn Oliver said...

Huge hugs Marcia, so so pleased you have the all clear with the cancer scare, that's great relief news and for you also to have your home to yourselves again.. back on trach now enjoy... LITS as Darnell would say. Gorgeous card and fab effects with the stamping and stencil work, hugs Robyn