Friday, September 3, 2021

CAS Christmas September 2021 - PLAID

Hello friends.  It's time for another CAS Christmas Challenge and our lovely hostess Colleen would like to see PLAID on our Christmas cards this month.

                                               

I've been a little hooked on The Greetery's Tartan Plaid Builder stencils, and along with an older PTI die (Pierced Feature Frames) came up with this CAS card...


The stenciled plaid was done using only Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I started blending over the 1st stencil very, very lightly, and with each successive stencil I put a little more elbow into it to make the color get darker.  There are 5 layered stencils, but I only used 3 of them to get this look.  Once I had finished with the stencils, I used the frame die to die cut it, and then added my sentiment and little birdie.


The little birdie is an oldie but goody from Penny Black called Winter Wonderland, and I water colored him with my Aqua Painter and some of my SU! inks.  Once dry I fussy cut him out and pop dotted him above my sentiment which comes from PTI's Think Big Favorites: #20.  A couple red gems and this CAS card was finished!

Make sure you check out all the PLAID wonders from the DT and our Special GD this month right HERE, and then play along with us...we'd love to help you get going on those Christmas cards now rather than later!  This challenge is open till the 24th.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


22 comments:

JoAnn said...

This little birdie is so cute. Love your tartan plaid, very pretty. The frame die cut really sets the little birdie out. Great card Marcia. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

What a TWEETheart, Marcia! Even he can't stop gazing upon your lovely plaid!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy plaid frame, Marcia - perfect for that sweet birdie! Your fussy cutting looks amazing!!

Lisa Elton said...

I thought that was PP! Great job with you stenciling, Marcia this is cute!

Barb Ghig said...

Your little birdie is adorable and I love that you used only one color of distress ink to get so much variation on the plaid pattern, Marcia! Super cute Christmas card ~ xx

Linda said...

Love your plaid frame to showcase that sweet little bird, Marcia. Awesome card, my friend.

Loll said...

LOVE your stenciled plaid background Marcia. What a great set of stencils! LOVE that the background is green and your main panel is red. The little bird is adorable and perfect with the sentiment! xx

Bobby said...

I love a good plaid and I think stenciling one would be way easier than the stamps sets I have that need to be lined up. The light to dark greens on your plaid are wonderful, Marcia, and the little bird is adorable in his Santa hat.

Bonnie said...

I have always loved this little birdie and his friends with their Santa caps! He's perfect with this plaid frame! Love the depths of green! Awesome card, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

SO cute, that little birdie with her hat is sweet. The tartan frame is a perfect way to draw the attention in to the sentiment and image.

Christine Alexander said...

OK, that stencil is now on my Wish list, love what you did with it and love that cute little bird ♥

Mac Mable said...

Super cute card and I love how you did the stencilling with only the one colour of ink Marcia x.

Colleen said...

I love your plaid (must admit to having a little trouble lining those up, maybe I need to take a clue from you and only use three of the five stencils!) anyway, this is very striking and I love the PTI Pierced feature frames too! Love that little bird, so cute!

Dotty Jo said...

I'm so happy to have finally found time to go visiting again. Your card is adorable, Marcia, what a lovely layout and such a clever way to use the plaid, Jo x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, you stenciled the plaid frame only with Peeled Paint? I LOVE the shades of green plaid, Marcia! I have to check out this stencil set! ;-)
The little bird wearing a Santa hat is so sweet! The design with a tilted frame is wonderful!
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

I thought the plaid was dp too! Awesome stencilling with just one colour and the little bird is adorable, love that frame die too, Cathy x

Julia Aston said...

Love both - the frame and plaid stencils - I use that frame a lot too Marcia - but have yet to use the stencils - I must get them out after seeing this beauty - great tip on using the one color with various pressure. Your little bird is just adorable with her Santa hat on! xx

Trina P. said...

Thar little birdie is adorably tweet! Your stencilled green plaid pattern looks so professional. Amazing how you achieved the color variation with just the one ink color.

Brenda in IN said...

A sweet, charming little bird and a gorgeous plaid made a wonderful Christmas card.

Ros Crawford said...

Your stenciled plaid looks incredible! You are so clever! Fabulous card Marcia!

Susan said...

Love the green plaid frame - so well stencilled. Adorable little bird!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Sweet little bird, and I think we were on the same page with our plaid frames! Thank you for having me join you this month as your guest designer.