Thursday, January 11, 2024

Word Power Challenge #1

Hello friends.  There's a new challenge in town from Diane and Darlene called Word Power and it's exactly what it sounds like...they're challenging us to use our words (sentiments) as the focal point of our cards!


I used PTI's Psalm Reflections: May stamp set and the Wild Blooms stencil set to come up with my card.  Take a look...


Blue has never been one of my favorite colors to work with, but it's been growing on me this past year, so I decided to challenge myself this month to use it as much as possible...so yes, you will be seeing some BLUE cards from me this month!  I started this card by stenciling the Wild Blooms in a light and medium blue and gray for the stems and leaves.  Next I stamped the verse in black over the top of the stenciling and then used Spellbinder's Notched Corner Frame Dies to die cut my stamped and stenciled panel and also my card base...something a little different than a standard A2 rectangle.


I did a bit of sponging around the edges of the stamped and stenciled panel before adhering it to the card base so it would stand out a bit.  I also added a foiled (silver) butterfly from PFS's Small Butterflies set that I colored in with a couple Copics.  Here's a closer up so you can see the foiling a bit better...


This challenge is a month long challenge and runs through the last Thursday of the month, which is Thursday, January 25th, so plenty of time to play yet.  You can check it all out right HERE, and CONGRATULATIONS to Diane and Darlene on starting up their 9th challenge.  You two must be SO busy, but I love playing in your challenges, so thank you, THANK YOU for starting up another one!! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

OH, so lovely, Marcia! Of course, you know you 'had me' at butterfly and grey - that shape is truly beautiful, too!
Well done, my friend!
=]

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is OUTSTANDING! I'm so happy you're excited about yet another challenge blog from the 'crazy DD ladies' lol and you have certainly helped us showcase what our new challenge is all about! Your stenciling is beautiful and love the sentiment! Don't forget that you can also share this beauty with us over on our STENCIL FUN challenge blog. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge and for helping us spread the word! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Leslie Miller said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! The soft stenciling makes such a lovely background for the verse which is clearly the focal point. I like the shape, too, and the butterfly and silver pearls. Funny how it took a while for blue to grow on me as well, but depending on the shade I'm quite fond of it now. It's especially nice here with the gray. Very calming.

Lisa Elton said...

Your shaped card is lovely, Marcia! It's so peaceful and calm in your shades of blue and gray. Love it!

Bobby said...

That sentiment looks wonderful over the stenciled blooms, Marcia, and I love the shape of the card.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful card, Marcia! Love the shape, stenciling and the verse!

TK said...

Truly stunning! Wow, the colors, the beautiful verse and the wonderful butterfly -- awesome card, Marcia

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card Marcia. I too seem to be using quite a bit of blue so far this month. I love the shade you chose with the grays. Very eye-catching, I am also loving your retro edge inking...it adds more pleasant places for ones eyes to land.

Loll said...

The shape of your card is so beautiful, Marcia. And the stenciling of the blue and gray flower, leaves and butterfly is AMAZING. The bold sentiment really shines with the subtle colours in the background. Great design! xx

Birgit said...

Your shaped card is fabulous, Marcia and I love the blue and grey tones you used. What a gorgeous card using this wonderful verse.

Kathy said...

Your card is so beautiful, the background you have created to showcase this wonderful scripture is just right. Smiles, Kathy