Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #79 - COPPER & GREEN

Hello friends.  It's time for another Color Hues Challenge and this time our sweet hostess is Karen and she would like to see COPPER and GREEN on our cards.


I admit I was a little stumped on this one at first.  I love the color Copper, but I thought the only thing I had in my stash in that color was really, REALLY OLD Copper embossing powder and it did NOT work any longer!  Then the light bulb went on and I remembered that when I received my Glimmer Hot Foil machine, it came with a roll of Copper foil...YAY!!  


I can't tell you how many times I've photographed this card trying to get the colors to show up decently, but there just isn't much light in Michigan during the Winter months...grrrrrrrrrr!  But anyway, trust me that the outlines of the leaves are copper foiled and so pretty in real life!  I Copic colored the leaves in YG61 & YG67, and then die cut them out.  (This is a PFS set called Delicate Foliage)


This close up shows the copper foiling a bit better, and also my embossed background (Spellbinders) and sentiment strip that I also foiled in the copper (also Spellbinders).  I finished with a bit of copper cording I found in my stash (SU!) and a few Champagne Pearls from PFS.

We hope you'll play along with us and show us what YOU can do with COPPER!  There's lots of awesome inspiration from our DT and our Special GD Greta that you can check out right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, Jan. 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

cm said...

Marcia, your copper foiled and green coloured leaves are gorgeous, especially set atop the pretty embossed background. Delicate, inspired and inspiring!
hugs~carol

Karen said...

It's very easy to see those foiled leaves in your close-up photograph, and they are gorgeous--as is the whole card. I never gave thought to foiling, and now wonder if I even have copper foil! Your shading of the leaves is so beautiful! Thanks for making my color combo look so wonderful! (I can totally understand the difficulty in photographing. It's no better in Western New York, and we live in an old house without much natural light inside at the best of times.)

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful combo! Not just the colors...but your stamp, die and embossed panel.

Julie B said...

There's been a few of us with the same dilemma Marcia, its just so tricky to get the lighting right for it to show up! I too was tempted to use my new copper hot foil but I only have a few items so went with the EP instead. A great take on the colours and keep warm. :)

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia!! LOVE the copper embossing with your green leaves. Gorgeous card, especially with the embossed design in the background. Great work my friend! xx

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so beautiful with you copper foiled leaves and colored beautifully. Hope you are doing well with all the snow it looks like you are having. We have been down in the teens the last several days and had ice pellets and another round is supposed to come today, but then the rest of the week it is supposed to warm up. Keep safe and warm my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

I love your copper foiling, Marcia - no trouble seeing how beautifully your machine works for you! Copper and green are really a perfect match for your delicate foliage!
[LOve the new ef!]
=]

Bobby said...

That leafy branch is so delicate and beautiful done in copper foil with your wonderful Copic coloring, Marcia. I'm glad you thought of it and mentioned it because I should have some too, although I do have copper embossing powder too. Now to figure out my 'greens'.

TK said...

Gorgeous! LOVE copper foil plus the detail on the foliage is delicate and pretty.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like that pretty little leafy branch! So dainty and lovely, Marcia. I see your copper and it looks fantastic!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I seem to start my comments to you the same way all the time, BUT this is stunning. How lucky for you to have been able to locate copper foil and them use your foiling machine! Wow, I love the elegance of this and I bet is looks fantastic in person!!

Nancy said...

I can see the copper in your close-up pic just perfectly! Your card is delicate and gorgeous! Love the Pearl accents too! Stay warm!

JulieP said...

I'm chuckling because it seems we all felt the need to explain our photos. LOL!!! This is just beautiful. I'm especially loving the bow.

Bonnie said...

These delicate copper foiled leaves are so pretty, Marcia! They look beautiful on top of that embossed background! Love the copper bow too!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, I love these delicate and graceful leaves! Lovely on the embossed background. Copper and green is such a warm color combo. I know about trouble with the winter lighting, but I can sure see the copper gleaming in your second photo. Very pretty, Marcia!

Stef Perry said...

Your delicate card design is just stunning, Marcia! I so love those leafy branches and the soft, rounded embossing in the background! And that foiling saved the day!

Greta said...

Absolutely love your card, Marcia! So happy to be the guest designer for Copper and Green!