Friday, January 19, 2024

Triple B Challenge January 2024

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the Triple B Challenge (Birds, Blooms, & Butterflies).

 

My sweet friend Bonnie sent me some stamped images of Unity's Winter Birdie Swag to color up, and I did one using my Copics and came up with this card...


Isn't he a cutie with that little Winter hat??!  I had so much fun coloring him up in BLUE's (remember I told you I was challenging myself this month to use more BLUE??) and then adding him to a panel that I used a SSS embossing folder on (Icy Snowflakes).  I also added a die cut circle aperture using Penny Black's stitched circles dies to frame him out a bit.


   
My sentiment was hot foiled in silver and popped up a bit with a strip of foam tape for dimension and added to a black strip so it would show up against the blue (Boho Blue - SU!) background.  I finished with a bit of glitter to the branches to resemble snow and the pompom on his hat.  Thanks again Bonnie for sharing this sweet little birdie with me...stamping friends truly are the best!!

You can check out this challenge right HERE and play along till January 31st @ 8:00PM
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

Your little blue bird is pure delight! Your coloring on him is spot-on and that little pom pom hat...... so cute! I wish the birds that visit my feeders wore hats like that. ;o) From the snowflake background to the glittery snow on the branch, you've made everything just perfect. What a wonderful wintery card, my friend

I Card Everyone said...

That darling detail on your circular frame looks just like he hopped around the whole thing before taking his perch of honor, Marcia!
What an adorable card! It couldn't be more perfect!
=]

Cat Craig said...

I agree with Michele thoses cuts do remind me of birdy prints in the snow. Fabulous card, Marcia, top f 5 of yours for me for sure.

Cindy H. said...

Awww, this is so darn cute! The blue bird is just darling and you colored him so beautifully. Love the card design, too.

Lisa Elton said...

I do like his little hat, he's a sweetie! Wonderful card, Marcia. Hope you're staying warm and cozy xo

TK said...

Too cute to not love! Congrats on using the blue, but also for having such a great card -- the details are amazing (yes, I see the birdie footprints too)

Bonnie said...

Anytime, my friend. He's happy to fly to a visit with you! Love, love, love how you've cut him in a circle and the embossed blue around him! It really suits him! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Darlene said...

OMG ... this bird is so cute and you've colored/showcased him PERFECTLY!!! (That Bonnie ... she's just the BEST!) Don't forget about our EMBOSSING challenge blog ... he certainly qualifies to FLY BY and in our embossing fun! (link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Bobby said...

What to say when everyone else takes the words out of your mouth? Just that Bonnie is the best, that bird is the cutest and the card design is just fantastic!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, he's so cute! Nice of Bonnie to share him with you. He's looking good with the blues today, Marcia. You're on a roll. It looks chilly where he lives, but somebody gave him a nice knit hat to help hold the heat in. What a sweet and pretty card!

Loll said...

So adorable Marcia. I love that sweet bird and he looks amazing with your colouring and the fabulous blue embossed snowflake background. xx

Darnell said...

Great job with the blue on this adorable card, Marcia! That bird is just the cutest and showcasing him in the stitched circle over the snowflake background makes a sweet design! And I love the way the sediment is created using the same blue. I hope things have started to warm up a little for you there! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Your coloring is beautiful on that sweet bird Marcia - love the winter hat on her and the embossed blue snowflakes surrounding her!

TK said...

I do love that sweet bird, bless Bonnie for providing it! Great coloring and he sure brought a smile to my face