Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Double D - Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Who's Got the Pumpkin?

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D - Pumpkin, Pumpkin Challenge where they would like to see a pumpkin on our cards.


The mood board shows LOTS of pumpkins, so I figured it was safe to put more than one pumpkin on my card!  I had fun playing with a new stencil/embossing folder combo from Altenew called Pumpkin Patch and came up with this "Z" fold card...


The stencil and embossing folder make a 6 x 6 panel, which after stenciling and embossing, I cut into thirds.  I trimmed each panel down a little bit less than 2" so I had room to add a green layer behind and still enough room for a white border from the card base (cut at 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and then scored at 4 1/4 and 2 1/8 beyond that).


My sentiments are from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Birthday.


Here's a close up so you can see the embossing a bit better.  There are 6 stencils in the package, so you can really go wild with your coloring of all the pumpkins!  I kept to pretty much traditional pumpkin colors on this card, but have definitely been playing with different color combinations on other panels.  Not sure they'll be made into cards for this season, but we'll see...

The DT at the Double D Challenge have lots of wonderful inspiration to get you to play along, so check it all out and play with them!  This challenge is open till Sunday, Nov. 3rd @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



6 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gourd-geous, my friend! Seriously loving this new pumpkin set from Altenew. Just perfect in traditional colors and so great that it makes enough panels for a pretty Z fold card. So happy to see that you've linked this up to the DD Challenge as well.

I Card Everyone said...

Your new stencil/ef combo is so pretty, Marcia! What a creative way to make use of nearly the entire 6" square! I love those speckled pumpkins so much!
=]

Bonnie said...

Those stenciled and embossed pumpkins are fantastic, Marcia! They separated into strips perfectly for this fun fold card! So perfect for a Fall birthday!

TK said...

Wow! Love all the colorful pumpkins, yet not straying too unconditional. The texture is great and I bet even more so IRL -- also the fold is pretty great too!

Leslie Miller said...

Best pumpkin embossing and stenciling ever! I especially love the speckled punkins. Very cool fold, too. Outstanding, Marcia, and I'm so glad to see your card in our gallery at Double D!

Lisa Elton said...

You've given us a plethora of pretty pumpkins to gaze at, Marcia! You've also used this set perfectly, my friend. This is a marvelous card!