Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #96 Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still plenty of time to play along in our monthly challenge here at The Flower Challenge where we'd like you to use a STENCIL on your flower card.

I've used another stencil from The Ton called Gentle Peonies for my reminder card today.  Take a look...

This stencil set is a 6 piece one and makes a 6 x 6 piece, and it about killed me to cut it up once I'd finished stenciling it, but I really like the way it turned out, so my heart rate did go back to normal afterwards!  I used 3 shades of yellow inks (Gina K & PFS) and did not stencil the leaves in as I didn't want any green on this card.  I used PFS's Slim Ornate Banner dies to cut my stenciled piece out and also a piece of Crushed Curry cs (SU!).

My background piece uses the new Pierced Plaid Coverplate Die from The Greetery, and I can tell this is going to be a favorite already!!  My sentiment is from a Gina K set called Beautiful Basket Additions and I also used her ML #7 to die cut the 2 circle layers that I stamped the sentiment on.  A few gold butterflies from SU! finished off this card.

We'd love to see what YOU come up using a STENCIL on your FLOWER card, so check out all the wonderful inspiration we have for you HERE and then play along with us.  This challenge is open till Friday, Oct. 25th @ 5:00PM.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness. Marcia, this is so gorgeous! LOve that little gingham ribbon and the yellows you chose today are so perfect for Fall... and thoughts and prayers! That stencil is certainly one I'd like to revisit one [play] day!
=]

TK said...

Simply STUNNING, Friend! Love your color choices, as this would be WAY out of my league. Yes, the cutting part is usually hard but then you get results like this!