Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #97 - OLIVE & MUSTARD

Hello friends!  Hard to believe it's the middle of October already, isn't it?!  Our sweet hostess Jules has picked out a fabulous color duo here at the Color Hues Challenge, and she would like to see OLIVE & MUSTARD on our cards.

I just love this color combination that totally says FALL to me, and came up with a card using an older stamp set from The Greetery called Bittersweet Bouquet.  Take a look...


I stamped my Bittersweet Bouquet using Old Olive & Crushed Curry inks (SU!) and double stamped on some of the leaves to get the darker mustard tone.  (I did cheat a little bit and stamped my berries with some Canyon Clay ink from PTI.) I used the coordinating die to cut the bouquet out and also die cut a 2nd bouquet to glue to the stamped one for some added dimension.


For my background I embossed a white panel with SU!'s Dashing Designs ef and attached it to a card base of Old Olive cs.  I added a strip of Old Olive cs across the top half of my card so the bouquet didn't totally get lost against the white embossed background, and also placed some foam tape behind the bouquet to give a bit more dimension.  The Autumn sentiment is part of the Bittersweet Bouquet set and was stamped and die cut and added to the bottom of the card.  I finished by adding a few Iridescent Faceted Gems from SU!.

The DT has outdone themselves with this color combination, and you can find all their inspiration right HERE.  We hope you'll join us and play along with this beautiful color combination!  This challenge is open till Tuesday, Oct. 29th @ 9:00AM. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



4 comments:

!neke said...

Great card for inspiration !!!!!!

Birgit said...

Mustard and olive are definitely fall colors Marcia. I love how you used them! Love that e.f.

I Card Everyone said...

This looks very much like my River Birch in the front yard this morning, Marcia! But SO much prettier! It also reminds me to hand my Bittersweet wreath on the door!
Really beautiful card, my friend!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so beautiful, Marcia. I love your design with the split panel and the bittersweet bouquet looks so wonderful straddling the green piece. The embossing is beautiful and I love the colored "Autumn" in yur sweet sentiment. I love Fall most of all too!