Sunday, September 27, 2026

Freshly Made Sketches #755

Hello friends.  Playing along with the current Freshly Made Sketches Challenge hosted by my sweet friend Donna.  She has a wonderful sketch for us to follow, and yes, I did see a TREE and that's the direction I took!

 

I knew right away I wanted to pull out an Altenew set I bought last year and had so much fun with!  It's a very graphic set and not my usual style at all, but for some reason this set just really called to me.  So along with Donna's sketch, here's this year's version of Festive Triangles...


I hope you can see Donna's sketch in my card?  I went with pastel colors (Concord & 9th) and started with the basic triangle stamp for my "A", and then used my MISTI to line up the rest of the letters to spell PEACE. 


 I stamped over the triangle "A" with one of the decorative triangles in the set to make it look more like a Christmas tree and then finished with the sentiment strip and a small star gem for the top of the tree.  After looking at it for a while, I wondered if it was too plain, but then decided I really did like the CAS look of it!

Donna and the DT all have some wonderful inspiration to inspire you to play along that you can find right HERE.  This challenge is open till Monday, Sept. 28 @ 3:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, your leafy tree couldn't be prettier than it is representing Donna's tree and the A in your lovely pastel PEACE! Thanks so much for playing along again!
=]

donna mikasa said...

I can totally see the sketch and I love the PEACE overlay! Such a creative take on the sketch, Marcia! Thanks always for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Loll said...

Beautiful design Marcia! Love the soft colours and the way you've used the sketch! xx

Jen Timko said...

Team tree and it is amazing! I love how you added the "peace" in the background. Such a pretty idea. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

LeAnne said...

Very clever and STUNNING! Love those soft colors, such a beautiful holiday card!

Birgit said...

Wow! This is beautiful! The soft pastel colors are perfect with your little triangle tree. Such a brilliant take on the challenge, my friend!

TK said...

Oh, this is glorious! I love the soft pastel lettering and the "A" tree. So beautiful, Marcia, just beautiful!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! I love the soft, pastel shades and that the tree makes the A! What an awesome way to interpret Donna's sketch!

Bobby said...

There is something about the soft colors that lend itself to a CAS card, Marcia, and this is a beautiful one.

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE the look of it! Smitten, I tell you! I love how you lined up the letters so perfectly, overlapping and leaving the A out altogether and simply putting the tree right over top. It's a brilliant design! The pastel softness of it is so pretty and gentle. It's perfection, Marcia!