Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Branch Out

Good morning friends.  I'm back with another fall card using the same technique as the wreath card I showed you yesterday.  Lookie:



I used SU's "Branch Out" stamp set (LOVE this tree!!) and stamped the tree in Soft Seude, and then used the same Tim Holtz Distress Inks I used on yesterdays card to stamp the leaves.  The stamp that I am using to make the leaves is actually a flower stamp from a retired SU set (Watercolor Garden).  Once I ink this stamp, I  keep "stamping" 3 or 4 times to give the illusion of the leaves turning from dark to light.  I also used this stamp at the bottom to look like grass and also leaves that had fallen.  I mounted this layer on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to make it pop a little more.  Before adding this layer to the white base card, I used a small leaf stamp (Embossing Arts Co. - Michaels) and applied all 3 colors to the stamp and then randomly stamped down the left side of the card.  Once I added the tree layer, the card was done!  Very simple and just another way to show you how versatile some stamps can be.  Something as simple as a color change can get you a lot of mileage out of a single stamp, so don't be afraid to experiment...color is good! :0)

Have a great Tuesday friends and I'll be back with a little Halloween treat for you tomorrow. :0)