Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Boo!

Good morning friends.  Watching unbelievable pictures on the news as I type this from the wrath of storm "Sandy"...my heart and prayers go out to all those who've been impacted by this storm!  Halloween will be pretty scary for many this year, so as my mom used to say..."we'll make inside sunshine!"  I have 2 cards to share with you today and here is the first:



This is a card that was very popular last year on all the stamping blogs, and I couldn't even begin to tell you who came up with the original idea, but it is definitely a C.A.S.E.  This would be a fun card for kids to make (and easy!).  There is literally no stamping involved with this one!  You simply tear strips of a cream colored card stock, sponge the edges (SU's Soft Seude), and glue down on a black card base.  I glued my googly eyes down first, and then put the torn strips down next.  Very simple and definitely a card that makes you smile! :0)

My next card was playing with Coordinations card stock (card stock that can be sanded to give a distressed look) and SU's Spider Web embossing folder:


My camera really didn't do justice to this card, but hopefully you get the idea!  I started with SU's Only Orange (retired color) card base, and then added a piece of black "Coordinations" card stock that I embossed with the spider web folder.  I sanded it down with a very fine sandpaper (from my husbands stash), and then cut off the lower right hand corner, and punched a hole in the upper left hand corner.  The spider is from SU's "Cute as a Bug" stamp set, and I stamped her in black on white cs, and then cut her out and attached from behind with glue on the tips of her legs.  The mummy was also stamped in black on white cs (stamp from Michael's $ bin), cut out and attached with pop dots on the exposed orange corner.  I also added a couple googly eyes and then misted the whole card with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold! (gives it a subtle sparkly look) :0)

Thanks again for stopping by and sharing a part of your day with me...I LOVE it when you do! :0)

No comments: