Friday, October 12, 2012

Silent Night

Good morning everyone.  I'm back with another Christmas card today and wanted to show you how versatile some stamps can be.  I mentioned a couple days ago how one of my favorite stamp sets is SU's "Lovely As a Tree", and showed you a Halloween card made with it.  Today I'd like to show you a very simple Christmas card made with the same stamp and technique:


I used the same glossy white card stock and sponged with shades of blue ink, this time starting at the top and working my way down to the lightest shade of blue.  I also placed a cut out circle near the top (instead of in the center in the Halloween card) before I started spongeing to create the moon.  I then simply stamped the tree image and greeting in Stazon black ink, added a little glitter to the snow line, and voila...done!  Very simple and elegant!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again next week.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I might be able to do a card like this one! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Love the card, love the technique, love the set. Timeless treasure.