Monday, October 29, 2012

Sarah's Card

Good Monday morning friends...hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We had a wonderful weekend celebrating my niece Sarah's wedding and here is the card and gift card holder I made for her and Eric's special day:



I've been on a real PTI "Wreath for All Seasons" kick lately (Fall card, 50th Anniversary card, and I even did one of my Christmas cards this year with this set), and decided this set would work great for Sarah's card too!  Her colors were navy blue and silver, so that's what dictated my color choices. If you click on the picture, you'll get a closer view of the detail.  I stamped the wreath in silver and also the "love" (SU) sentiment at the right edge.  I then used SU's "Midnight Muse" ink and stamped off several times all the way around the wreath with the little flower stamp (retired SU "Watercolor Garden" set) to achieve the different shades of blue.  On the card, I layered the wreath with a piece of American Crafts POW glitter paper in silver, and also used a little heart punch (Marvey) with the glitter paper for the center of the wreath.  I added a white ribbon and little silver heart charm (both from Michael's) and then sponged the torn edge of the card with the silver ink to finish the card.  The gift card holder (PTI die) I made very similar to the card to match, but stamped "best wishes" (PTI's "Tiny Tags) in the center of the wreath. 

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be back tomorrow to share some more Halloween with you. :0)   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful card and holder! Uncle Lefty sent pictures- Sarah and Eric looked so happy at the wedding!