Friday, October 19, 2012

Moonlight Wishes



Good Friday morning everyone!  It is STILL raining here in my neck of the woods, and I've seen enough, thank you very much!!  My husband tells me I should be grateful it's not snow, but come on...day after day after day after day?  But anyway, we'll make sunshine inside today with a really cute image from Lily of the Valley called "Moonlight Wishes".  I just love the little elfin like faces on these stamps! :0) 

I colored this little gal with my Copics (if you've never tried a Copic, you NEED to try...they are the most amazing coloring marker out there!  Pricey, but well worth it!!).  I cut her out with an oval Spellbinders Nestability, and then distressed the edges by spongeing with SU's Soft Seude.  I also added some glitter to the little pom pom on her hat and the stars.  I then layered some DP from Hobby Lobby with SU's Cherry Cobbler, added a ribbon, the image on the oval, and then a sentiment circle stamp from LOTV and a few green half backed pearls up at the top.

I usually stamp quite a few of the LOTV images, and then color them up at the same time.  Then when I'm ready to make the actual card, the coloring is all done and the card goes together quite quickly.  So please don't be put off by these LOTV cards, thinking that they are way too much work...just break down the steps a little bit, and it won't seem so overwhelming!

Next week we'll take a little Christmas break and I'll show you some fall things I've been working on! Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks again for stopping by! :0) 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So pretty with all the red colors!