Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Haunting


Good morning friends.  I'm back with another Halloween card for you to check out:



Actually I made this card last year for my youngest, as she loves haunted houses!  They scare her silly, but she still loves them!  And how could I not make a card out of a find like this...the haunted house stamp was only a $1 last year in those bins near the checkout counters at Michaels!  Gotta love it!! 

For this card I used glossy card stock and then cut out a circle about the size of the house and lightly tacked it to the center of the cardstock.  I then used a sponge and some of my "blue family" stamp pads (starting with darkest on the bottom) to sponge accross the card stock.  Remember to go lightly the first few swipes accross with each color, and then you can always go back and add more color till you get the effect you're looking for.  It's a lot easier to add color than take it away!  Once the card stock is to your liking, remove the white circle (which isn't white anymore!!) and there you have your "spotlight" to stamp the haunted house in.  Before I stamped the house though, I used SU's "Lovely As A Tree" set (one of my all time favorite sets!!) and stamped it with black Stazon ink. Then I inked up the haunted house stamp with the black Stazon ink and centered it over the white spotlight.  I added a punched out bat (Martha Stewart punch) and layered the image on black cs and then on to a white card base.  Very easy and fun card to make! :0)

I'll be concentrating on Christmas cards for the next few weeks, so hopefully you'll find some inspiration in them that will prepare your heart for the joyous season.  Thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do!

1 comment:

Sue said...

My favorite set, too! Cute & easy card.