Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Coooool Lovin"

Good morning friends!  I'm back with a card that in stamping terms is called a CASE (Copy And Steal Everything).  I learned this term at the very first stamping party I went to from the demonstrator Christine Arvidson-Bont.  She informed us that the rules of CASEing are admitting that the idea is not yours, giving credit to the proper person (if you remember), AND putting your own spin on it.  So anyway, this card is a CASE, and I really wish I could give credit to the person who created the original, but I did this last year and I just don't remember (gettin old don't ya know!!).  It was a very popular card last year though, and I do remember that the one I was copying from used all shades of browns, tans, and creams to do theirs in.  I switched mine up by using blue's:


Is this not the cutest mama bear and her cub or what?!!  And technically, this is not really even a "stamped" card (other than the Merry Christmas)!  So that means all you "non-stampers" out there could do this card! :0)  I used an embossing folder with snowflakes for the Bashful Blue (SU), but you could easily switch this to a piece of designer paper.  The 2 bears are simply made from different sized circle and oval (cut in half) punches, and then I sponged mine with Bashful Blue ink and also put some glitter on the edges.  I used a black marker for the eyes since I didn't have a punch that tiny! :0)  A very simple and cute card that even kids could make!

Thanks for stopping by again and I hope I've left you feeling inspired!! :0)  (if you do have any questions on this card, just ask in the comment section, or email me at: mrhill13@comcast.net)      
  

No comments: