Monday, October 22, 2012

Golden 50

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  Ours was busy but fun.  We went to a chili cookoff Saturday evening with friends and got to sample all kinds of wonderful chili and listen to great live music...fun fun night! :0)

The card I want to share with you today is an anniversary card I made for my good friend whose in-laws were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary yesterday.


I wanted to make the card warm and golden, so I started with a piece of cream card stock and tore the bottom edge so you could see the "Celebrate" (SU stamp) that I had stamped in gold.  I used Paper Trey Ink's "Wreath For All Seasons" stamp set and stamped the grapevine wreath in SU's Soft Seude ink, and then used a stamp from an old SU set (retired) to make the colored leaves (Tim Holtz Distress Inks...Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, & Fired Brick).  I also stamped really lightly a little bit of gold in the leaves too.  I have always loved using this stamp for leaves and grass on my cards...it is perfect for shading and just gives off such a delicate look!  I cut out the 1/2" numbers "50" in American Crafts POW Glitter Paper with my cricut (Base Camp cartridge) to put in the middle of the wreath, layered with a piece of Soft Seude card stock, and finished the card by adding a gold ribbon underneath the layer.  50 years is quite a milestone these days, and I'm hoping they had a wonderful day yesterday, filled with all their family and friends!

I have one more "silly" picture to share with you today of my dog Brinkley.  We have quite a few squirrels in our yard because we like to feed the birds and the squirrels LOVE the bird food.  Brinkley, being VERY territorial, does not like to share his backyard with the squirrels and chases them up the tree.  I know this is pretty typical of most dogs and squirrels, but what gets us to smiling, is that Brinkley will sit at the base of the tree staring up at that squirrel for litterally hours!  You can yell "treat" or "go bye bye" and he still will not leave his spot...not until the squirrel gets tired and makes a run (or jump) to the fence and on to another yard!


 He is one determined dog, but ya gotta love him! And usually the whole time the squirrel is chattering away at him too...very funny and always brings a smile to my face! :0)

Thanks for sharing your Monday with me and I'll be back again tomorrow with another fall inspired card (don't ya just love the colors our Lord uses durring the fall...what a Master artist He is!!!!!).

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Marcia, beautiful card. And I love Brinkley's story.

Kathy said...

Beautiful Card! Please tell Brinkley he can stay at our house any time- so cute!