Thursday, October 11, 2012

Star of Wonder

Happy Thursday friends...it's almost the weekend! :0)  No big plans here, but that's ok...sometimes it's nice just to have some down time.  Maybe even get started on some Christmas cards!  The cards that I'm going to be showing you over the next few weeks are from last year, so no; I'm not one of those who has all my cards done already for this year!

Quite a few of the cards you'll be seeing from me in the next few weeks are from the Lily of the Valley collection, and todays card is called "Star of Wonder" 


I just love the images of these young girls and this girl all bundled up is no exception!  She was stamped with Momento Black ink and then colored with Copics.  While I am still learning to color with Copics, one thing I have learned (for me anyways!) is that using fewer colors and shading with them produces nice contrast.  I basically only used 3 colors for this card...red, green, and tan.  (and just a tiny bit of light blue for the snow at the bottom)  I distressed around the edges of the stamped image with SU's "Soft Seude" ink, and also around the other layers on this card.  The "Season's Greetings" stamp is also LOTV, the stars are Spellbinders, and the tree is a Paper Trey Ink die.  The DP is from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby).

Hope I've inspired you a little to get started making those special cards for the special people in your lives!  Thanks for stopping by and also to all of you who leave comments...it really does encourage me to keep going with this new journey!

No comments: