Monday, February 2, 2015

Life is Beautiful

Good morning friends.  How about a Spring-like card on this COLD and snowy day?!!  Been trying to ramp of my supply of birthday cards, and this is one I made using PTI's "Life is Beautiful" stamp set.  Take a look:



I started with a piece of speckled cream colored card stock (from my local SS) and stamped the ferns from PTI's "Meadow Greens" in Old Olive ink, and misted the stamp before actually stamping it on the cardstock to give a bit of a water colored look.  I used the dies from "Life is Beautiful" and used a piece of newsprint DSP (SU!) for my bottom layer and a piece of black cs for the top layer of the butterfly.  I made a stamp pad using the baby wipe technique and Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, & Pumpkin Pie re-inkers and then stamped directly onto the newsprint layer.  I also used a bit of gold embossing powder on the edges of the top layer of the butterfly.  I finished with a sentiment from PTI's "Delightful Dahlia Additions, some speckled spatters from SU!'s "Gorgeous Grunge", and a few gold sequins.  Sounds like a lot more work than it actually was, and believe it or not, it was actually pretty flat for mailing! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and if you're in my neck of the woods, have fun digging out! :0)

1 comment:

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous detail in your stamping of those ferns! The spattered flecks are perfect, and I love the subtle color detail on your butterfly!