Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Make it Monday #202 - Anchoring w/ Border & Banner Dies

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Make it Monday challenge this week, where Melissa Phillips shows a couple absolutely beautiful cards with lots of embellishments and layers and then anchors it all with a couple border and banner dies.  I basically CASED Melissa's card, as it was just so "Spring-like" and it's been a loooooooong winter here!  Take a look:



I found some pre-printed vellum in my stash and used that over my Ripe Avocado Bitty Dot tag (Tag Sale #3) and over my Harvest Gold (Pattern Pack) butterfly (Life is Beautiful).  I also added the scalloped heart from "Limitless Layers: Hearts, the Heart Border die, the banner die from Fabulous Frames Die Collection (the sentiment on the banner is from the new Lovely Laurels stamp set), and then a flower die cut from the Button Stacks II.  A little yellow flower sequin from the Lovely Laurels was glued to the center of the flower die cut.  My tulips on the bottom left of the card are from the new Bitty Bouquet stamp set and stamped in Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Spring Moss, & Ripe Avocado inks.  I also added a little strip of the striped DSP from the Harvest Gold Pattern Pack. 

 You can check out the other entries and Melissa's beautiful cards and video all on Heather's blog right here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh love it! Love the colors, layers, everything about this card! Now I have to get the Bitty Bouquet set! Thanks for sharing your art.

Tara said...

Very, very pretty and does look like Spring!

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, Gorgeous! Spring on steroids! Your heart banner is so full of joy, I love how you layered each piece. Listen, who needs spring, when you can stay warm and cozy and make more cards! Hugs!

Kara Lynne said...

I love every layer of your beautiful card!

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is just darling! I love how the light and colors play off from the shimmering heart border strip. This is spring indeed! I'm so ready to get outside and enjoy some sunshine and warmth!!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous Marcia! I can't belive how you were able to capture the shimmer off the border strip with the stars! Loving the yellows and grays.......nice work!

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Beautiful Card! Love the sparkle you brought to spring!