Monday, February 9, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary Day 5 - Springtime

Hello again.  I'm caught up!  I'm posting day 5's challenge on day 5...yeah!!  Today we are to "Spring" into action and use a stamp that we have never used before (or it's been a looooooong time since it's seen ink).  I had the Daydreamer and Wet Paint sets out from yesterday, and while it had been awhile since I've used the Daydreamer set, it has been well loved, and I didn't think it would qualify as a NBUS (love you Darnell!!) stamp.  However, when I looked at the Wet Paint set, I realized I had never used the "enjoy" die or "your day" stamp, so that's what I used for today's card.  Take a look:



I used a Make it Monday technique from a while ago where you stack multiple die cuts to raise the sentiment up...love this look!  After inking up the poppies, I misted the stamp with water before stamping, and I also used my Aquapainter to soften the edges of the flowers too.  A very CAS card, but I like the way it turned out! :0)

You can check all the other entries out right here.

SO much inspiration over on Nichole's blog...THANK YOU Papertrey Ink for having a anniversary!

 

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Stunning, Marcia! Love hoe you did the "enjoy"!!

Barb Kirkwood said...

Lovely card, I love making those words pop out of the page don't you?

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is lovely Marcia. Like the die cut sentiment.

Kara Lynne said...

That is simply gorgeous! I love that raised die technique and the placement (again) of your flowers!

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful Marcia, I love how you did the raise die!!

Susan Block said...

So beautiful! Great card!

Katherine said...

Oh this did turn out beautifully! Love how the latest challenge coordinates so well with Darnell's NBUS inspiration! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog too.

Kay Miller said...

Very beautiful card! I love the softness of the flowers and the raised sentiment is super!

Kathy Mc said...

Very striking card, Marcia, using the MIM technique for your die cut!

Martha said...

OH, Marcia, what a beautiful card! It really caught my eye, so I had to come check it out on your blog. I love the pretty colors & fabulous design. Beautifully done!

Martha said...

OH, Marcia, what a beautiful card! It really caught my eye, so I had to come check it out on your blog. I love the pretty colors & fabulous design. Beautifully done!

Birgit said...

Just beautiful, Marcia! I have never tried this stacking die cut technique and so want to. Thanks for the inspiration.
ps. Daydreamer is such a pretty set to play with.

Sue said...

Very pretty card and I love the stacking die technique. Works great on this card and I love the daydreamer set!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the camouflaged diecut!