Monday, April 8, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites - Inspiration

Hello friends.  Playing along with Laurie's Fabulous Favorites where this week she's asking us "Where do you find your inspiration?"  I find my inspiration everywhere...outside my window, ads, store fronts, clothing, and of course, Pinterest!

Here's a photo I found on Pinterest that totally made me think of the Meadow Greens stamp set:


All the black lines in the top 2 pink flowers reminded me of the flower centers in the Meadow Greens flower stamp and since I hadn't played with that stamp set in a loooooong while, I decided to pull it out for this challenge.

In keeping with the water color theme of the inspiration photo, I used Ocean Tides and Hibiscus Burst inks on my craft mat and smooshed to create my backgrounds.  I ended up with 2 cards because I did one on water color cardstock (TH) and one on heavy white cardstock (PTI), not knowing which one I would like better.  Here's the 1st one:


This one is on the PTI cs and I really like the way the background turned out on the smoother surface.  After inking up the greenery and the flower, I misted them both with water before stamping to continue with the water colored look.  The sentiment is from the Meadow Greens set and the framing is Ocean Tides cs and the largest of the Pierced Feature Frame dies (PTI).


This 2nd card is done on actual water color cs and gives more texture to the background and the stamping.  My sentiment was stamped and die cut using Penned Elegance II stamps and dies, with some mini pop dots behind it along with some gold thread.  The frame is the same as the 1st card from the Pierced Feature Frames.


I think they both turned out pretty, but I do like the one on the left better...which one do you like better??

Where do YOU find your inspiration??  Play along with Laurie's challenge HERE for the chance at a $100 gift card.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Birgit said...

Your cards are beautiful Marcia! Great colors and I love the dreamy background. I've wished many times in the past that I had purchased meadow greens. Your cards bring it right back to the front of my mind.

Kathy Mc said...

Both are gorgeous, Marcia, but I, too, prefer the background on the 1st card. It's a bit more subtle so really depends on the look you want. That's what makes it so fun to try all options, and we learn from it.

I Card Everyone said...

Don't make me choose, Marcia... they are both so very pretty! Having said that, I do think I like the ferns on that left one a bit better! lol!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards Marcia. Love the colors and pretty backgrounds. TFS

Bonnie said...

Love this pink with the gray! Soothing and not dull.

Lisa Elton said...

I love this stamp set and you've used it beautifully Marcia! Two fabulous cards!

Carmela said...

Very pretty backgrounds! Great job on the watercolors!

nancy littrell said...

The background on your 1st card is softer and the ferns and flower are sharper images so they pop more. Love the more subtle sentiment so it does not distract from the flower and ferns. Yet, the 2nd card definitely has a more watercolored artsy look, which is beautiful too. Maybe if you had a more subtle sentiment it would be nice, but I really love both cards, Marcia. Thank you for sharing. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Two beauties Marcia! I love the way the watercolouring moved for the background on regular card stock. It really worked well. I haven't had must success with that and usually stick with mixed media or watercolour. Regular card stock definitely saves some $$. :) Honestly, I couldn't choose between the two cards. They are both beautiful, artsy and I love the colour combination of pink and ocean tides. Great work! xx

Ros Crawford said...

OMG They are stunning! Beautiful designs and colours!

Patti said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! you selected one of my favorite color combos! BOTH are sweet cards!!

Sharron said...

Beautiful--love that set and those colors! Both cards are gorgeous so it's hard to pick a favorite. Love those gorgeous ferns and the card on the left shows their detail a little more. But your artsy watercolor is so dreamy and I adore the sentiment.

Bobby said...

This is one of my oldest and most favorite sets, Marcia. I usually do the flowers in white but that pink looks wonderful. I prefer the one on the left only because the background is more subtle.

Kara Lynne said...

You know PTI should hire you on, Marcia! Amazing as always, and I love how you explain the inspiration!

Anita in France said...

So delicate, dreamy and pretty, Marcia ... you've captured that lovely inspiration beautifully in this delightful duo! Couldn't possibly choose a favourite! Bon dimanche ... hugs, Anita :)