Friday, April 19, 2019

Twofer Challenge #15 - ZOO ANIMALS

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's Twofer Challenge where the prompt is ZOO ANIMALS.


One of my all time favorite SU! sets is Zoo Babies (retired), so that seemed like a natural choice for this months challenge.  But...which animal to choose???  No contest really as I've always loved the zebras when we go to the zoo!  Just something about those black & white stripes...


Try not to stare at the one on the left too long or you'll go blind!  JK!!


It really does do a little number on your eyes with all the black and white stripes, but I sure had FUN making it!!  I used PTI's Shape Shifters: Circle die cut out of black and then again in white and inlaid the white arrow pieces into the black circle and then attached to my white card base.  The Zebra was stamped in black and then I heat embossed him with clear ep and pop dotted him to the shape shifter.  I added a strip of diagonally striped black & white DSP to the bottom (MFT) along with a skinny solid strip of black cs, and then added my sentiment from SSS's Tiny Words.  I think the sentiment definitely fits, don't you??

And for a little less stress on the eyes here's my 2nd card:


I went with traditional baby colors for this card and made a fun background of the Zebra's to be my focal point, and then simply added the die cut sentiment from PTI's Penned Elegance II stamp and die set.  A couple yellow enamel hearts finished off this quick and cute baby card.

Check out all the amazing cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Linda said...

Two fabulous cards, Marcia. Love how they are so different. Great twofer cards.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun idea to use the striped little zebra. Both so different, both so creative and love the sentiment on the first one and fabulous stamping on the second. Great cards.....both of them x

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the zebras... wait... where did they go! You know I'd do what you told me NOT to do! Darling Twofer, Marcia!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Love your twofer cards. Both are great!

Darnell said...

Two really cool zebra designs, Marcia! That first design is crazy on the eyes, but so striking and modern! I love all the elements you put together! And your baby card is fresh and sweet with your homemade colorful zebra DSP! Cutting the peek-a-boo opening for the flowing sediment added lots of dimension! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Happy Easter weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

The black and white card is quite the op art creation, Marcia. It took me a while to realize those white arrows were individual pieces. The baby card is absolutely darling.

Patti said...

Fantastic!! How clever to color those zebras in pastels for the sweetest baby cards! and Your design on the black and white is eye popping!! in a delightful way!! : )

Bonnie said...

Black and white is so classy, even if those stripes do make us dizzy! LOL! I love how those stripes go in different directions and give a feeling of movement. The rows of pastel zebras are adorable and so perfect for a sweet baby card! I've enjoyed my visit to the zoo, my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great cards with the zebra stamp, Marcia! Especially love all the colorful ones but the black/white card looks amazing too!!

Lisa Elton said...

Now this is a pair of cuteness! I like the classic black and white eye teaser, but the pastel zebras are super sweet too!

Happy Dance said...

These are awesome, Marcia! Your black and white card is simply fabulous. All the different shapes, and the stripes going in different directions is cool, and that little zebra is adorable! He makes a great background for your baby card, too. Perfect window with that sentiment tucked in, as well. Two great cards. Love 'em. Thanks for playing along with us at the Twofer Challenge. xo Bev

Kara Lynne said...

I can see why you love this stamp set, Marcia, that zebra is adorable! Your black and white card is incredible with its patterns of stripes! I agree, that sentiment is perfect! How sweet are those rows of pastel zebras on your baby card - absolutely darling! I hope you had a wonderful Easter. The kids were on spring break, so not much got done around here! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Sharron said...

These are so amazing! Love your choice of images! That zebra is adorable and perfect for your super creative designs. You did an awesome job with the black and white patterns. And the pastels make such a sweet baby card.

Kate said...

WOW! I had a hard time pulling myself away from that first one - how striking! And what a different mood you've created with the second card - so pretty!

Loll said...

Fun cards Marcia!! Love your black and white zebra (and all the stripes). I had to turnaway afer a few seconds .... I get the same effect looking at a strobe light! :) Kidding ... this is awsome and perfect sentiment. Your baby card is adorable. Love the sweet colours of giraffes. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Anita in France said...

That is such a cute zebra, Marcia ... adorable in those soft colours for your baby card background! He's awesome in the monochrome ... so cool spotlighted in the zigzag-arrow-y frame ... and complemented by the striped strip along the bottom edge ... so clever ... and so fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, great twofering, Marcia, Jo x