Tuesday, July 9, 2019

CAS Christmas July 2019 - SNOWFLAKES

Hello friends.  Playing along with this months CAS Christmas challenge where they are looking for SNOWFLAKES!


I pulled out my favorite snowflake dies from PTI (Fancy Flakes) and came up with this:


I started by blending Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, & Stormy Sky Distress Inks for my background and then splattered with white acrylic paint to resemble falling snow against my Winter sky.  Next I added 2 die cut Fancy Flakes and then sprayed the panel with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz.  You can see a little bit of the shimmer in this close up:


In real life it really sparkles!!  Next I lightly traced my panel onto the card base and used it as a guide to stamp my "merry and bright" sentiment (SSS's Tiny Words Christmas) all around my rectangle and then erased my pencil marks before adding the snowflake panel along with a piece of foam to add a little dimension.

Make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL snowflake cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Happy Dance said...

A bit too warm yet for snowflakes, but this is one gorgeous card, Marcia! It reminds me of a twilight sky with the sun almost down, and the rich blues and purples turning to evening. If you keep this up, you'll have all your Christmas cards ready to go by Halloween! Those PTI snowflakes look great, and I love that you've popped that panel up. Great card. Have a good week, my friend. xo Bev

Colleen said...

Fabulous card, Marcia! The background is so pretty and sparkly, and those white snowflakes are fantastic! I am so glad you joined us at CAS Christmas! I need to practice my "splatters"...yours look like tiny snowflakes among the big flakes, love them!! Heart Hugs, Col

Lisa Elton said...

You've created a lovely winter sky for those frosty flakes! This is wonderful Marcia!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Marcia! I really loved how you've framed the main image with words! Looks great, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, Marcia... don't take it outside! I'd hate to see these pretties melt! lol
=]

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful, shimmery sky with those awesome snowflakes, Marcia! I love how you've framed the design with the stamped sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful background you created for the snowflakes. Love the shimmer you added.

Bobby said...

This is beautiful, Marcia. I love the sentiments stamped around the edge. I had a purchased card like that once and always wanted to recreate it. You beat me to it.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, I love your sentiment outlining that wonderful distress background. Such a pretty frame for your snowflake, thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning blended sky for your snowflakes, Marcia!! Just love the sentiment as a border too! Yes - so glad the snowflakes aren't falling from the sky right now!!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! LOVE the blend of cool winter colours which are perfect with your die-cut snowflakes. Love the use of your sentiment stamp to create a frame for your panel. Awesome design, my friend! xx

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blending, Marcia ... the tiny splatters and all the shimmer make it look all frosty and chilly, perfect for those crisp snowflakes to fall against! Love how you framed the panel with the sentiment ... such a great idea! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

Beautiful Marcia! Lovely ink blending with the specks of white "snow". The sentiment stamped around the border is genius!

Susan said...

Beautiful snowflakes, gorgeous blended background. Love the way the sentiment goes all the way around it. Thanks so much for marking a card for CAS Christmas!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love the frame with the sentiment going around... Gorgeous blended BG and perfect for those snowflakes!