Monday, July 29, 2019

Rudolph Days Challenge - July 2019

Hello friends.  Playing along with the July Rudolph Days Challenge today and sharing a card I made a few weeks back when Michele and I got together to do Christmas cards in July.  I never finished this card because I had used my MISTI to stamp opposite corners of the Mistletoe, but for some reason when I flipped my cardstock, the 2nd image didn't line up and I almost threw the piece away.  I was looking at it again this weekend and got to thinking that maybe if I cut the image in half and just used the good side, it might be salvageable.  Here's what I came up with:


The image is from Altenew's Majestic Mistletoe and I used Altenew's Green Fields ink cubes for the Mistletoe and Gina K's Cherry Red ink for the berries.  Before attaching my half panel to the card base, I ran it though the big shot with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder to give some texture.  Here's a closer up so you can see the texture better...


After adding my stamped panel to the card base, I added a thin strip of Real Red cardstock, and then finished with the sentiment (also Majestic Mistletoe), a few gold sequins, and some gold cording at the top.  Pretty CAS but considering it almost ended up in the trash, I really like the way it turned out!

How is YOUR Christmas card stash coming along??  I'm getting there, and challenges like July Rudolph Days help me stay on track.  This challenge is open from the 25th - 31st, so play along and get a head start on those Christmas cards!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Glad you were able to salvage the good part - it makes a lovely card. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

Not only do you win points for stick-to-it-ism, you really just perfected the layering of that stamp, Marcia!! This is where your brain wanted to go all along, I think! lol
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you didn't toss this, Marcia! I think it's awesome! Love the greens of the mistletoe with the bright red and the fantastic layout!

Lisa Elton said...

Great save Marcia, this looks like it was meant to be! What a pretty card!

Loll said...

Your mistletoe is gorgeous Marcia! Love it stamped in the two shades of green. Great save ... it looks perfect! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I'm glad you decided to salvage this card as it's gorgeous. I love the Altenew stamp set you used. Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month and good luck in the draw.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Marcia,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card and I love your stamped mistletoe design.
A true carfter can always salvage a creation in some way.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Greta said...

I saw this on IG & now I can pin it from your blog as this is one of my favorite cards, Marcia! Good thing you didn't throw it away! I'll soon be inking mine up & now I don't feel guilty at all for giving in & getting it--haha!

Mac Mable said...

Such a great save Marcia and what a stunner it is. Fabulous design, great stamping and so very beautiful x

scrappymo! said...

Good thing you saved this one, as it is sure a keeper. Your adapted design has turned into a stunning card. Love the pop of the red sentiment against the white.

Thanks for taking part in the July Rudolph Days Challenge.

Anita in France said...

Goodness, this is more than a great save, Marcia ... it's inspired! How fabulous that you created something so gorgeous from a piece that was going into the round file! Lovely images ... delicious detailing ... love the bright red sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)