Sunday, July 21, 2019

Twofer Challenge #18 - GARDEN

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Twofer Challenge where the prompt this month is GARDEN.


I do not have much of a green thumb outside (my hubby takes care of the little we do have!), but I do have LOTS of stamps that could be used for a GARDEN theme!  I ended up choosing a really old wood block stamp from Endless Creations (not even sure if they're still in business!) and came up with a encouragement card and a sympathy card...


Let's start with the encouragement card:


For my 1st card I used a technique that was one of the very 1st I ever learned...using markers (SU!) and coloring directly onto the stamp, and then misting with water before stamping on my cardstock.  The only thing I wish I would have done different with this was taking the red rubber stamp off the block and using my MISTI so that I could have fixed the lower right hand side where the leaves didn't stamp too well!  Oh well, I still like it!!  I added a sentiment from PTI's Flower Favorites which I think is pretty fitting for a garden card, and then finished by adhering my stamped panel to a Rich Razzleberry card base.


For my sympathy card I blended Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, & Wild Honey Distress Oxide Inks and then used the same stamp but stamped it in black for a silhouette look, and then added a sentiment from SSS's Sketched Flowers stamp set.  I adhered the panel to a cream colored card base to finish off this simple card.

Darnell and the DT have SO many GORGEOUS inspiration examples for you to see, so check them all out and then play along right HERE.  You can play until the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Darnell said...

That is a gorgeous garden stamp, Marcia, and I love how it works perfectly for the direct-to-stamp technique! It's one of my go-to techniques and you're right, it's even more fun and sure-fire now that we have the Misti to use. Still, I didn't even notice the uninked area until you mentioned it because my eyes went directly to the pretty airy blooms. Great sentiment, too! And go you, Ms. Blenderiffic! I love the warm sunset-y colors and how amazing the garden stamps looks in silhouette on your sympathy card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

These are both stunning my friend! I didn't even notice the unstamped portion until I read your post. The colorized version looks very artsy and lovely and no one would ever have known. Your blending on the other card is perfection and so lovely with the silhouette. These two beauties are sure to be winners!

Cat Craig said...

Your blended background is fabulous and sets off your silhouetted flowers beautifully. How fabulous that you can also color these beauties for that sweet garden too. Thanks for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge #18.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful flower silhouette! Amazing all the color you gave it on your first card, and I love that sentiment. Your second has such a beautifully blended background and is perfect for sympathy. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia they are both just gorgeous... I couldn't choose a favorite, really! Alas, I still haven't had an extra moment to play! I'm thinking you've got this one in the bag, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty garden stamp, Marcia! I love the different color flowers and the fantastic sentiment! The inked oxide background is beautiful! Love these colors and the silhouetted flowers that look like they are in a glowing sunset! Beautiful sentiment too!

Lisa Elton said...

These are just as lovely as lovely can be Marcia!

Anita in France said...

What lovely floral gardens, Marcia ... the spritzed colours on your encouragement card are so fresh and summery ... and your blending behind the silhouettes is simply gorgeous ... so warm and comforting for a sympathy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Happy Dance said...

That is a sweet stamp, Marcia! I remember doing that same technique when I first started stamping...must try it again! Love the colors you've chosen for your blooms, and how the eye goes right to them on your first card. And the background on your second...Wow! It makes a lovely sympathy card. Sorry I didn't get here to comment sooner...DH has been keeping me busy with a few health thingies. But I did want to let you know I saw you in the gallery, and wanted to thank you for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Greta said...

Your cards caught my eye at Twofers, so came to see them. Wow--2 wonderful designs, Marcia--love the blending you did for the sympathy card & the colored bouquet card is totally delightful! I used woodblock stamps, too. Lost track of how many times I started over--haha! Actually, I have an old fashioned positioner, but didn't pull it out.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous cards, both of them Marcia x. The encouragement card is CAS perfection, so pretty and what a fabulous sentiment. Wow to the blending and stunning effect on the sympathy card x.

Kara Lynne said...

Both cards are so gorgeous, Marcia! You hit the mark with that marker technique. Every color is right where you want it. I usually end up with pink petals and brown flowers where the green blended with the pink. I think the less stamped corner looks like the dirt was kicked up there - I love the sentiment. Your sympathy card is so poignant with the silhouette on that vibrant sunset background. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Ros Crawford said...

Two unique and wonderful cards Marcia... Beautifully done!

Sharron said...

Both are amazing, Marcia! The technique on the encouragement card is wonderful. Love the carefree look! And the blended background with the silhouetted flowers is gorgeous. This makes such a beautiful sympathy card.