Friday, July 12, 2019

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #14 - Favorite Hot Beverages

Hello friends.  Made a card at the beginning of the week for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge and then almost forgot to post it!!


This challenge is all about your favorite hot beverage and mine is definitely mint hot cocoa (don't like coffee at all...tastes like hot dirt!!).  I have quite the collection of sweet snowmen mugs that I use during the Winter for my hot cocoa, but today I'm using one of my favorite Impression Obsession tea cups filled with hot cocoa...


I stamped, colored lightly with Copics, and then fussy cut my little tea cup out and pop dotted against a Real Red stitched circle die cut.  I kept my cup very simple because I made a quite colorful background using washi tape from SU! that I had gotten last year and never used!  There were 5 rolls in the package, and I just kept repeating them on a piece of white cardstock, and the used a stitched rectangular die to cut out the panel.  Running them through your die cut machine really helps to adhere them more permanently to your cardstock.  Here's a close up so you can see more of the glimmer from all the gold, silver, and copper in the washi tape:


Isn't that such a FUN background?!!  And now you can see why I kept my tea cup pretty simple...it would have gotten lost if I had colored it up too much!  I added my washi tape panel to a white card base and then added the tea cup and circle, and also a piece of heavy red bakers twine at the card top.  Almost makes me wish it were cool enough for a little hot cocoa...almost!!  I can definitely wait a while longer for the colder weather since we had to wait SOOOOOOOOOO long for warm weather this year!!

Only a couple more days to play along with the challenge, but this is a fun one and you will be so glad you got a head start on those cards now come December!!  You can check it all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love your awesome background, Marcia! It looks like fabric --- so very cool and a great way to use washi tape! Your adorable cup of mint hot chocolate looks delicious. xx

Happy Dance said...

That's washi tape??!! I thought it was patterned paper! What a great idea! It pops, but doesn't take away from that minty hot cocoa one tiny bit. I am blown away by this card, Marcia. What a great, great design. And it was 95 here yesterday, though today is much nicer. I still drink the coffee though...hot or cold. Have a great weekend. xo Bev

Lisa Elton said...

That background is incredible and don't even get me started on the darling polka dot cup! This is such a treat Marcia, I love it!

Ros Crawford said...

What terrific washi tape! I thought is was paper strips at first and the cup is just gorgeous!

Birgit said...

I love your washi tape background Marcia and that polka dotted cup of cocoa is SWEET! Glad you're enjoying summer warmth.

Bonnie said...

Great way to use that Washi tape, Marcia! Your polka dotted tea cup looks so festive with the ribbon and holly tied around it. Everything tastes good with whipped cream on top!

I Card Everyone said...

You've created a gorgeous panel for that precious polka dot cuppa! What a darling Christmas card!
Since it's going to be unbearably hot next week, Christmas cards might be the cool thing to make!! Join me?
=]

Anita in France said...

That festive washi tape background with all the shimmer and shine is fabulous, Marcia ... your rich polka dot cup of mint hot cocoa is delicious against it ... so scrumptious! Hugs, Anita :)

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Keeping your cup uber simple really made it 'pop' beautifully against that gorgeous background. Thanks for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, it's great to have you as a regular player, Jo x

Sharron said...

Wow, super coziness--so perfect for a winter message! The washi tape background is fabulous and I would love some mint cocoa in a pretty polka dot cup!!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a cool background with your wonderful washi tape, Marcia! I loved how you photographed it so we can see the metallic shine! I will wait a bit longer too, that cold weather doesn't like to leave once it arrives!