Tuesday, September 15, 2020

CAS Christmas Reminder - CHRISTMAS TREE

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still a week left to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge where our hostess is Colleen and she is looking for CHRISTMAS TREES on your cards.


So how about a little miniature Christmas tree this time around??


Isn't this image from Marcella Hawley (Cozy Cupfuls) soooooo sweet?!!  I saw Loll do a card with this image (HERE) and had to go right out buy the stamp set!  I just love the little vintage tea cup and the little miniature tree sitting in it!  I water colored the image with my Aquapainter and Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, and Antique Linen inks, and then added a tiny bit of shimmery gold with a gel pen that unfortunately does not show up in my photos!  I used an oval die cut mat over my image to keep with the vintage feeling of this card and the sentiment is also from the Cozy Cupfuls stamp set.

This challenge is open till the 24th and we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  Check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and our Special GD and then play along with us right HERE.  We'd love to have you start those Christmas cards by playing along with us...Christmas will be here before you know it!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Viv said...

That Loll sure has a lot to answer for Marcia! She is a temptress with stamps!
It is though a super stamp and I really like the colours you have used here - great card!

Cat Craig said...

What a sweet little tree. You’ve colored it beautifully.

Julia Aston said...

Oh, yes! I just love this little pine tree nestled in the teacup Marcia, with its sweet little blue ornaments!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Nice enabling by Loll, Marcia - you did this set justice with fabulous coloring and design - love it!!

nancy littrell said...

Love your vintage Christmas tree and teacup and your choice of colors, Marcia. TFS your wonderful CAS designed card. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Jules said...

Hi Marcia

Such a lovely Christmas card! I love your image and colour choices very much.

Love Jules xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet little tree! This is a darling CAS card Marcia!

Linda said...

Marcia, I love your little tree and how you watercolored it. Such a pretty card. Miss you my friend. And your new grandbaby is adorable...

Anita in France said...

Just so sweet and so pretty, Marcia ... the soft colours are gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

OH!! I love your little tree-cup!! So darling, Marcia... love the shades of green you've used to color her up - and have no trouble imagining the bit of shimmer!
=]

Christine Alexander said...

Marcie I love your vintage tea cup and tree and those gorgeous blue tones:)

Birgit said...

What a sweet image and a perfectly lovely card! I love how you've colored it. Well done, friend!

Barb Ghig said...

Your miniature Christmas tree is so pretty and I love the vintage teacup, Marcia! Beautiful watercoloring and I love that you chose an oval aperture for your design! Such a lovely Christmas card! Barb xx

Helen F. said...

Very Pretty Christmas card. Love the sweet tree in the tea cup :-)

Loll said...

So happy I enabled you to buy this stamp! :) Beautiful card Marcia. I LOVE the colours you've used. Definitely has a vintage vibe about it. Great work my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

What a darling little tree, Marcia! I love how you've colored it in the soft colors and those shades of blue-green! It's so pretty framed with the oval! A lovely Christmas card, my friend!

Trina P. said...

Very sweet image. The blue/green colours are so soft and pretty and keeps with the vintage look.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a lovely Christmas tree card, Marcia! Who could resist the fabulous bluish green miniature tree in a vintage tea cup?! I wish I could put this tree on my dining table. The simple oval window frame draws your eye to the focal image and finishes the card perfectly CAS!
Hideko xx

Ros Crawford said...

Love love love this! A tree in a teacup... who would have thought. It is such a beautiful card my friend and I love the watercolouring.