Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Flower Challenge #48 - BROWN & PINK

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge where this month it's a color challenge and they would like us to use BROWNS and PINKS.


I wasn't too sure about this color combination at first, but have to say after seeing all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT, the color palette kinda grew on me!  I have two cards to share as I couldn't decide which one I liked better, although I think I'm leaning more to the first one I'm going to show you!  I made a slimline card using one of STAMPlorations new slimline stencils called Peeking Sunflowers.  Take a look...

 

Please excuse the photo on an angle...hard to photograph these loooong cards!!  I used Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, & Picked Raspberry DOX inks for my Sunflowers and the sentiment is from Penny Black's Inspirational Sentiments.  Pretty simple but I do like the way it turned out!!


My 2nd card uses Altenew's Floral Art stamp set and SU!'s Soft Suede ink and Concord & 9th's Ballet Slipper & Honeysuckle inks.  I stamped the panel first, and then used Gina K's Master Layouts 2 dies to die cut the individual rectangles all from the one stamped panel and then layered with Soft Suede cardstock, making sure to line each panel up.  The sentiment banner is from The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You set.  I love the colors of this one and the sort of wallpapery look to the card, but still think the 1st one might be my favorite!  What do YOU think??

There's still time to play along with this challenge, so check out all the inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both beautiful my friend! I'm partial to the first one because its beautiful but also because it's Amanda's favorite verse in the Bible. I like the pink and brown colors!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Birgit, they're both beautiful but the first is my favorite too! Your CAS design is fantastic!

Helen F. said...

Both are beautiful designs, Marcia. Love this color combo too!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I love that combination... and BOTH of your beautiful cards! Card #1 gets my vote, too! I am really going to have to hold myself back from buying that stencil!
=]

Bobby said...

It would be hard to chose one over the other, Marcia. They are both so pretty and well done. I'm so glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties in pink & brown, Marcia - I loooove that color combo & you made it shine on both cards!! My fave is the slimline - such a lovely design!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two unique beauties! The stencilled card is very pretty and the second card is an amazing design! I'm still debating whether to get in to the slimline trend, but I ordered some dies in case.

Bonnie said...

I think I LOVE the pink sunflowers and how you've laid them out on this slimline card! Fantastic my friend! And I love how you've used the colors in the second card and lifted the layers with the suede mats! Two lovelies, my friend!

Linda said...

Two beautiful cards, Marcia. I think I like the 2nd one the best, but because of the brighter colors. But they are both amazing...You have been making so many wonderful cards. I wish I could get my routine and mojo going again.

Kara Lynne said...

Pink and brown can be a challenge, but you rocked it, Marcia! I love both of your cards and how the combination of pink and brown were placed together! Yes, I find slimlines a challenge to photograph too!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Marcia, I do love both the cards. So pretty with the brown and pink. I'm especially drawn to your sunflower card.

Ros Crawford said...

You rocked it! These are beautiful cards. Not colors I think I have ever used together and it's a joy to see your creativity

Shona Chambers said...

I wasn't too sure about this combo either when I saw it but its amazing what everyone has come up with, especially yourself!! I just received this slimline stencil and can't wait to use it after seeing your card, the blending is perfection. Your second card is stunning, the stamp set you chose is sublime with this combo. Love the different shades of pink and the layers with the rectangle dies is everything. I'm so very glad you joined us this month at The Flower Challenge!!

Anita in France said...

They're both beautiful, Marcia ... you used that colour combo wonderfully on each one! The second is so pretty with the all over design and rectangle layers ... and that first one is delicious, so fresh and lovely ... and a beautiful verse! Hugs, Anita :)