Monday, September 7, 2020

Playing Cards

Hello friends.  This post is just basically a continuation of my Playing For Fun posts that I've been doing the past few months, and I just decided to change the name to Playing Cards like my sweet friend Michele calls it.  So a very heavy picture post again this month...if you have any questions about any of the products or techniques I used, just give me a shout, so I don't make this post any longer than it needs to be!

So first up...





These first three cards use a technique from Jennifer McGuire (HERE) called Easy Distress & Water technique.  Lots of fun and sooo easy to do with outline image background stamps, Distress Inks, embossing powder, and water.  Check it out!!


A while back I tried a Kathy Racoosin technique she calls Print Making Coloring and I failed miserably!  Some of my friends from the CAS teams got together via ZOOM recently to play with the technique and after seeing all their lovely cards I decided to try again!  I wouldn't say I failed this time, but it definitely didn't come out looking like Kathy's or Bonnie's or Loll's or Darnell's or Christine's or Susan's either!  Oh well, I still like the card!




This card came about after watching a Gina K live and blending with Fall colors.  Most of my favorite colors are earth tones, so I really liked the way my blended colors, the masking, and the silhouettes turned out on this CAS card.



If you follow me on IG, you may have seen this card already, but decided to include it anyways because I just really like how it turned out!  One of the new dies to come out from The Greetery's release last week was Shiplap Dies.  I got to thinking maybe I could make my own using a woodgrain background stamp I have (SU!) that I cut into 1" strips and pieced together like Shiplap.  Next time I try this again I won't do any piecing in the center as your main focal image covers it up, but I still like the look!  Love the watering can in the bright red too...this card is definitely ready for Fall!


This is just a simple water colored card I made with Altenews Paint-A-Flower: Calla Lily...our youngest daughter is named Calla, so of course I had to make a card as soon as I got the stamp set.  And yes, I did mail it to our daughter!!



This last card is from another Gina K live where she showed the rubber band technique.  I don't know why, but I'm always amazed by how FUN the backgrounds turn out, and this one was no exception! 

So now you are all caught up on how I've been occupying myself this last month...I'm so grateful for this hobby that keeps me busy and of course for all the wonderful friends I've made since I first started stamping!  Take care my friends and thanks for sticking it out with me for another loooooong post!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, you've been so busy! Wonderful card, Marcia, love them all, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Your post is so inspirational Marcia...You are so creative and talented and I love how you enjoy trying out new techniques x. Amazing cards, all of them x.

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA... I like the way you occupy yourself and you play cards quite well! Sure wish that you, Michele and I could deal out a hand or two together! These are all pretty Marcia. Those Christmas cards are especially fabulous!

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, you've certainly been creatively busy "playing cards". I couldn't possibly choose a favorite but the water colored calla lilies is stunning! Calla is a lucky girl to be named after such a lovely flower. These are all inspiring and amazing!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous set of cards, Marcia - you really have been busy and to great results!! Such fun to visit all those different techniques, isn't it? And your cards look amazing!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Marcia, what a fabulous collection of made for fun cards. Time definitely well spent my friend. Super! Stay safe, hugs.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia you have given me such a treat this morning - and don't I wish I could be there playing cards right along with you!?!
Every card is a charmer - but my favorites today are those beautiful Christmas cards!
What WOULD we do without this hobby, and friends? This year would have been that much more bleak, I think! On top on it all, we were without power for a few hours this morning, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

I really enjoyed this post, Marcia! I think I need to start posing my just for fun cards like this. First of all, I need to watch JM's video! Your cards are awesome! Love the blended backgrounds and that gorgeous poinsettia stamp! Your print making background is bright and beautiful! I can see I need to do this technique with this die! Fortunately for my wallet, I have it! LOL!, Love the shiplap background with that gorgeous red watering can! Another technique to try. Your calla lilies are gorgeous and that,s a fantastic rubber band background! Love the bright colors and sweet butterfly! Thanks for sharing your playtime with us!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what a gorgeous collection of cards you posted here today! I love that you created just for yourself, for fun! Something I need to get back to doing again. So many beautiful designs and sets you up well for Christmas! I enjoyed this post so much!

Darnell said...

I feel like I should be paying you for this post, Marcia! Thank you so much for a wonderful array of beautiful beautiful designs! I'm just going to bookmark it and soak up each one, one by one later on. I love them all equally, but I do want to say that you are selling yourself WAY too short on your print making card! I think it's one of the best I've ever seen and I love the colors!! I hope you enjoy a weekend of more card playing and keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a wonderful voyage of discovery through your gorgeous collection of cards, Marcia ... so inspiring! Each one is just lovely ... the die cut printing is particularly fresh and dreamy ... and I love that you made the Calla Lily especially for your daughter! Clever ship lap creating for the background to the leafy watering can ... such a great effect! Thanks for all these delicious ideas ... hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

What fabulous cards!! I love them all and your daughter has a very pretty name! Love the shiplap you made and you rocked the print making colouring! So much here to inspire my friend...

Loll said...

Looks like you've been having a LOT of FUN Marcia! Every card is beautiful and unique. Calla ... LOVE your daughter's name and what a beautiful card you made for her. xx

Bobby said...

I wish I had your mojo and creativity, Marcia. These cards are all so fantastic. I love the banner die with the lovely inked backgrounds. The print making technique is one I want to try when I get time and the right die cuts and yours is great. If I had that die with me I'd CASE your card. The red watering can is just my color and style. I broke down and bought the shiplap dies but haven't used them yet. The Calla lilies are perfect for your daughter. I'm so impressed with all the absolutely beautiful cards.