Wednesday, September 30, 2020

12 Kits of Occasions - Sept. 2020 - Light Houses

Hello friends.  It's the end of another month and time for another 12 Kits of Occasions post.  This month our hostess is the sweet Kim and she chose LIGHTHOUSES as her theme for the month.  Kim sent out a FABULOUS kit that included all the following:


Having grown up in Michigan, I'm very familiar with lighthouses and water, so Kim's kit was a real treat for me and I came up with 5 very simple but FUN cards to share with you today.  Let's get started...


I fell in LOVE with these sweet little Koala Bear images Kim included in the kit from Create A Smile stamp company called All Hands On Deck (this is a new stamp company to me and boy do they have some CUTE stamp sets!).  All the colorful papers Kim included in the kit were so bright and cheery that I just had to make a shaker card!  I colored the image with my Copics and then added a piece of the dsp and some colorful sequins from my stash to create this sweet little card that will more than likely go to my grandson.  The die cut frame is from PTI's Pierced Feature Frames.


My 2nd card uses a medley of the different images Kim sent in her kit and I created a Double Z Fold card to showcase them all.  Here's a look at the card opened up:


Sorry about the lighting on this one...I do ok with flat lay photography, but when I have to stand a card up, my lighting goes bonkers!  Someday I'll figure it out!!  I did use my own anchor die cut (SSS) because it was a little bigger than the one Kim included and I had a bigger space to fill.  I also used a sentiment from one of my Catherine Pooler sets called Vitamin Sea.  


 
Another one of those sweet Koala bears that I colored with Copics and then pop dotted to a small background that I ink blended and stamped a few seagulls from a Gina K set.  LOVE the "yoho" sentiment!!


I loved all the seagulls Kim included too, and this little guy with his kerchief just cracked me up!  I always think of the Disney movie Finding Nemo where the seagulls are always saying "mine, mine, mine!"  Too funny!!  Anyway, used a few strips of the dsp and some enamel dots along with the sentiment and seagull for a pretty CAS card.


My last card is another one of those silly seagulls and I just love his sailors cap perched jauntily on his head.  Used a wonky stitched frame and some more of the polka dotted dsp Kim included to make another CAS and easy card.


And here they are all together!  This was such a fun kit to create with Kim...thank you SOOOO much!!  And I still have leftover pieces so I can CASE my teamies when I see what they did with this same kit...YAY!!  Make sure you check out Kim's post and her Special GD Joyce's post, and all the rest of the DT's posts too right HERE.  You're bound to be enchanted by this last bit of Summer from all of us!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




16 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Macia, these are so adorable! Double Z is a work of pure joy. Wow, never seen one done better! But all are fun and fabulous! Blessings sweet friend!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Marcia! You knocked this kit out of the ballpark. I can't tell you how much a folded card like yours scares the heck out of me! they're so intimidating... but wow you just took my breath away! I think this collection of cards really shows off your style.. you can handle fussy and clean and they're all wonderful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun batch of cards, Marcia - just love what you created with Kim's kit!! Yes, that Double Z is amazing - I've never tried one, though you've inspired me!!

Marybeth said...

You are the master at creativity in all kinds of different designs and each one it beautiful Marcia! That z card is so fun , bright and beautiful ! That Hey Girlfriend card is just too darn cute. Beautiful blended beach scene too. You made Kim proud for sure! Take care and give that new baby a hug for me.

Bonnie said...

What a fun way to bid Summer goodbye, Marcia! What a collection of fun, colorful cards! It looks like you had lots of fun!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....so much fun here!!!! I love your fabulous dimentional card, so stinking clever and as cute as can be! Your shaker card is simply adorable....just love that sweet pirate tucked inside! Love them all! Thank you so much for making my kit shine!

Lisa Elton said...

This looks like it was a kit filled with fun! Your cards are all marvelous Marcia. That little shaker is so darn cute and I love your seagull card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Marcia all of your cards are fabulous! Your shaker card is so fun with the vibrant colours and that amazing Double Z fold card--awesome. You always think of such great designs to create with your kits. xo

Greta said...

Darling cards, Marcia! The gulls are really fun, but oh my goodness--the Z fold card is amazing! I was Kim's GD in the past, but not this month.

Loll said...

Your cards are fantastic, Marcia! Such fun designs with bright colourful papers. And filled with lots of fun characters! I bet you smiled the whole time you were creating with this fun kit from Kim! :) xx

Colleen said...

Amazing and so fun! Wow, love all the cool sentiments to go with the cards, you did a fabulous job with all the wonderful dp and stamps!

Birgit said...

Marcia, you totally rocked Kim's kit this month. Every card is simply amazing! That z-fold card is over the top, crazy adorable!! I love that you made a shaker card too. You were totally in the crafting zone with this kit. I'm so glad I have lots of left overs so I can CASE some of your cards. I might even try a z-fold card..... YIKES!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous collection of cards from this kit Marcia!

Joyce said...

Wow, Marcia. You really went to town with this kit, and I love everything you made. That card that opens up into a scene is really incredible. I think that is my favorite because it tells a whole story, and I have never seen a card like that. So very clever.

Anita in France said...

These are all so fun, Marcia ... a fabulous showcase ... the koala's are especially cute ... and that punny gullfriend is a hoot! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

My goodness what an array of fun and fabulous cards! I have to say I love the koala with the telescope!