Friday, October 16, 2020

Christmas Kickstart #40 - PINK CHRISTMAS

Hello friends.  The new challenge over at Christmas Kickstart is called PINK CHRISTMAS and I couldn't be more excited to play along!!


I had fun using some old and some new products for this challenge and came up with this...


Lots of light and dark pink on this card and I'm loving it!!  I started with one of my new products which is the Border Bling: JOY Frame die from PTI, and I cut it from white card and then blended Victorian Velvet DOX ink all around the edges...it's a very dusty rose looking color and I'm loving it!  Next I stamped my sentiment from Penny Black's yuletide wishes stamp set towards the upper part of the center of the frame.


 My Poinsettia's are from PTI's Pleasing Envelopes stamp set and I stamped them in Autumn Rose and Merry Merlot inks for the flowers and Ocean Tides and Christmas Pine for the leaves.  The flowers and leaves were all fussy cut since I didn't buy the dies.  Once I had my flowers placed where I wanted them I added Distress Mica Flakes and a few clear gems that both really make this card sparkle!

This challenge is still open for a little more than a week, so get out those pink inks and Christmas stamps and get a head start on those cards...Christmas will be here before we know it!  It's a balmy 34 degrees here this morning (brrrrrrrrr!!), so it definitely feels like Christmas is getting closer!  You can check out all the details to play along with this current challenge right HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunningly beautiful card, Marcia! It's just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Your card is definitely pretty inn pink!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous pink Christmas card Marcia. Love the frame and your ink blending, as well as the lovely poinsettias across the bottom. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, isn't pink so wonderful at Christmas? I love both the light, and dark pink on this beautiful card!
=]

Helen F. said...

Oh Marcia! Your card is so pretty in pink! Love the non-traditional Christmas color scheme and may have to CASE this lovely design ;-)

Bonnie said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Marcia! Love that frame and the sponging! The sentiment is awesome and so are the poinsettias! What a beautiful card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my, what pretty poinsettias! This is such a beautiful card Marcia and a wonderful design!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous frame and I love the sentiment, Marcia! Such pretty poinsettias too!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Really lovely card Marcia - the pink shading on the die cut frame really highlights it and is a beautiful background for your lovely pink flowers and sentiment, hugs Robyn

Anita in France said...

Elegant and beautifully detailed, Marcia ... the sparkle and shine on the flowers is fabulous with the softly inked die cut frame! Hugs, Anita :)

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful layout and gorgeous colours, thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge hugs Pops x

Darnell said...

What a wonderful classic design, Marcia! Your coloring is spectacular! I guess it is good that I'm not there (NOT!) because coats take up so much room in a suitcase and I'd rather pack craft supplies!! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell