Sunday, October 4, 2020

Color Hues Challenge #3 - GOLD & CREAM

Hello friends.  Playing along with the newest Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for cards using the colors GOLD & CREAM.

GOLD & CREAM is such an elegant color combination, so I used a piece of beautiful gold glitter paper I've had for ages and only use sparingly because I can't find it anymore, and paired it with Gina K's Ivory cardstock, along with The Greetery's BotaniCuts Mighty Oak dies to come up with this card...


  I started with the Ivory card base and added a panel that I die cut with the largest die in the Nordic Frame Dies that is also from The Greetery.  I also die cut the "grateful" (PTI's Counting My Blessings Die Collection) from the panel and then inlaid another "grateful" that I die cut with the gold glitter paper.  It is not a real bright gold, but more muted...in real life it still really sparkles though!  


Next I die cut the branch, leaves, & acorns from the Ivory cardstock, and the leaf veins and acorn tops from the gold glitter paper and adhered above the "grateful".  The largest leaf and smallest acorn were pop dotted to add a little more dimension. 

 


Lots of BEAUTIFUL inspiration over at the challenge site, so check it out and play along right HERE.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Its gorgeous! So elegant Marcia

Birgit said...

Your gold and cream card is a hit Marcia! I love the simplicity of this stunning card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful ivory layers with the gold accents and sentiment, Marcia!! Just love this!!

Nancy said...

Marcia this came out so well and I agree that Gold and Cream usually results in an elegant combination! Love the look of inlay die-cutting. I so appreciate you playing along with us at Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

I love the elegance of the ivory and gold glitter, Marcia! The leaves and acorns add wonderful texture and dimension! Awesome card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This has just the right amount of white combined with just the right amount of sparkle! Beautifully done, wonderfully elegant. Love this Marcia!

Loll said...

Beautiful use of the challenge colours Marcia! LOVE the gorgeous antique gold paired with cream. Very elegant card! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Very elegant, lovely, and such a wonderful use of these CH colors, my friend! Those PTI words can't be beat - they were among the first dies I ever bought!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous and elegant Marcia. YOu rocked those hues.

Anita in France said...

So elegant, Marcia ... the subtle shimmer on the gold is gorgeous ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia,
It's such a treat to have you play along with us at Color Hues! I love seeing your cards in the gallery. This one rocked the gold and cream challenge in my book! I love the gorgeous glitter paper. With the fall elements it's a great mix of botannicals and bling! Very elegant, my friend!

Hannelie said...

The element you have chosen for your card looks amazing in the challenge colors !

Thanks for joining the Color Hues Challenge ♥