Saturday, October 31, 2020

12 Kits of Occasions Oct. 2020 - Fall Splendor

Hello friends.  It's the end of another month and time for a 12 Kits of Occasions post, where our hostess this month is the SWEET Birgit, who has sent us a kit full of all things FALL related!


Before I go any further, I have a confession to make...I AM A PAPER HOARDER!!  I know, shocking, right??!!  The reason I am telling you this, is because normally when we get these kits each month, I sit down and make at least 5 or 6 cards or more, and this month I only have 3 cards and a bookmark.  Not because I didn't have time or any mojo...but because I just couldn't bring myself to use the DSP Birgit included in the kit!  It's from Carta Bella and called Fall Market, and is the sweetest paper ever!!  I made 2 smaller cards (3 1/2 x 5 1/2) and a bookmark (because I am a bookworm and really do LOVE to read!!) because I could get away without using too much of the DSP, and then one A2 size card that didn't use any of the DSP!  All definite signs of a paper hoarder, NO??!!  Ok, confession time over and let's get to the cards I did make!  I channeled my inner Melissa Phillips with the 2 smaller cards that also have a nod to Birgit who loves all things vintage!


  I did use 3 pieces of the DSP for this card, but all smaller pieces so I still have lots left!  I distressed everything with Walnut Stain DI to give it the vintage vibe, including the sweet die cuts Birgit included in her kit.  Isn't that little deer sitting amongst the pumpkins and mushrooms just the sweetest?!  I love the little Friendship Farms label that Birgit included in the kit too...it totally ties everything in together!!


Where the 1st card featured pumpkins, this 2nd card focuses on apples.  Is this DSP not just the cutest?!  I love the trucks carrying the apples, and the die cut basket filled with apples totally made me smile!  This card has a lot of distressing too like the 1st card...the DSP just screams vintage country to me!


Sweet Birgit had sent me the twig heart a while back and I hadn't had a chance to use it yet, and it seemed the perfect time to add the colorful leaf die cuts Birgit included in the kit, and also that adorable little bunny too!  My background is from another sweet friend (thanks Michele!!) and is Altenew's Dotted Swirls cover plate die.  My sentiment is one I use often every Fall and is from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers.


Back to vintage again with this bookmark where I used PTI's Basic Bookmark #2 to die cut from another piece of the DSP.  More distressing and finished it with a small piece of gingham ribbon and twine, and also a small copper acorn from SU!.  As I mentioned before, I love to read so this bookmark is already being used!


Here are all 4 together.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT did with this FABULOUS DSP and die cuts, and whether they're hoarding like me or used it all up!!  You can check it all out HERE to see what the rest of the team came up with.  Thank you, thank you Birgit for such a lovely kit and such special DSP...I loved every minute spent playing with this amazing kit!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Hi, my name is Bev and I'm a paperaholic. I've got papers from YEARS ago that I can't use...but I am trying to change that a little. I'd probably hoard these papers too, lol! Your cards and bookmark are gorgeous. What incredible colors (and papers). That little fawn is so sweet nestled among Fall goodness, and I adore that little bunny, too. All of your creations are wonderful. And what a fun post. Stay safe. xo Bev

Cat Craig said...

Hoarding or not, these are so darling Marcia. I too have a hard time with papers gotta have em cant use em...lol.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love designer papers too and I'll say "collect" - sounds less addicted, right? Anyway - just love what you did with Birgit's fab kit, Marcia!! Especially love the little bunny!

Birgit said...

I'm in that same paper hoarding club Marcia! Your cards and bookmark are all as cute as can be! I love the deer nested in with the pumpkins and mushrooms. That a perfect nod to Melissa Phillips style. Love it so much!! The apple barrel card is so sweet. I love the bit of ribbon peeking out from behind the apples. The entwined heart die was just perfect for the fall leaves and little bunny. A perfect pairing! And I can't forget your sweet vintage style tag. I just love everything you made and I'm so glad that I can case them all! Thanks for making this kit shine!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh Marcia, we're ALL paper hoarders. That's why we love each other so much! Now for your cards... when I saw the sweet critter and mushrooms in the blog lineup, I swooned! So adorable, and the card is perfection! You always delight! 4 autumn beauties. And look at it this way, paper hoarding doesn't really take up too much room, now does it? Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they are wonderful creations... I love that sweet little deer... I hoard paper or did... I still have so much of it which I don't use and yet don't want to part with.... Have a super weekend my friend

Loll said...

Most of us card makers are paper hoarders. I still hanging on to paper I love from when I first started stamping 20 years ago! Maybe we should start a support group! :) LOVE your vintage note cards ... so sweet. Agree that paper is adorable, but it's your designs that are so fantastic, Marcia! The twig heart is beautiful with the leaves and darling bunny. xx

Bonnie said...

I'm a paper hoarder too, Marcia! You used it sparingly, but oh so well, my friend! Love the touches of vintage and the bookmark is awesome with that little acorn!

Kim Heggins said...

oh....so beautiful Marcia! Love them all. Just love how you added shading to the edges of your pumpkins and critters, brings them to life!!! And your bookmark is fabulous with that wonderful bicycle and fall leaves paper. I too love beautiful pattern paper but I also love cutting it up and playing with it too!!! Beautiful creations and Happy Halloween!

Conniecrafter said...

I had to laugh because I loved these papers too, and I ended up using almost all the wood sheet that I loved!
I like how you put paper on the tag with the deer, I love how you arranged it all. Like your use of the ribbon touches on them too!

Lisa Elton said...

I've seen every 12 Kits creation you've made, Marcia and I think these might just be my favorite! Oh my goodness, they're all just as sweet as they can be. That little fawn...gah!!

Marybeth said...

I love these Marcia, the bike tag is so sweet and makes for a darling tag. Love the heart and fall bunny card too. The deer with the mushroom too, so cute . I am hopeful this post shows up.
So funny how we want to save paper and we all have so much. Hope you have a good week friend.