Saturday, October 3, 2020

CAS Christmas Oct. 2020 - CHRISTMAS BIRDS

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at CAS Christmas, where this month our hostess is Christine and she would like to see a BIRD(S) on our Christmas cards.


I used an older stamp from STAMPENDOUS called Snow Bird and came up with this simple card:


I've had this set for about 4 or 5 years and think I've only used it once, so it was long overdue to be inked up again!  I stamped the image in black and then colored with my Copics.  After coloring I die cut the panel using the Crimped Frame Die from The Greetery and set it on my white card base.  I loved the CAS look just as the card was and was having a hard time deciding whether to use a sentiment or not...and then it hit me that I hadn't done the "hidden sentiment" in quite awhile and that would be a great way to add the sentiment but not take away from the simplicity and CAS look. 


I used PTI's Wonderful Words: Holiday Die Collection and die cut the word "peace" into the center of my image (that's always hard to do after coloring up an image and then cutting into it!!).  I die cut the word "peace" a 2nd time just from plain white cardstock and inlaid that into the opening of my image, and then added the stamped pieces from the first die cut.  After gluing everything down, I used a shimmer pen to add sparkle to the bits of snow clinging to the branches and berries.

This challenge is open till the 24th and you can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from my talented DT mates, and our Special GD right HERE.  We can't wait to see what YOU come up with this month!  Just remember to keep it CAS and have FUN!  Christmas is getting closer and closer my friends, so come play along with us and get those cards done ahead of time!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I love the simplicity of this one Marcia! That little bird is darling. What a pretty card!

Colleen said...

Fabulous card my friend, and great thinking about the "hidden word" I can see it, it is subtle but a wonderful way to not detract from that cute bird you colored!

Cat Craig said...

Love the camouflaged word die. Such a pretty subtle card.

Pat said...

This is a brilliant card Marcia and I love the sweet and pretty bird with the berries on the branch, and I love the way you have embedded the die cut sentiment within the scene...so beautifully coloured too. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on your birdie, Marcia, and I love the hidden PEACE sentiment!!

Christine Alexander said...

I love that stamp :) your hidden word behind your sweet little chickadee is perfect. Wonderful card :)

Loll said...

LOVE this stamp (I have it too!). You've coloured it beautifully Marcia. Love the soft colours of the bird next to the bright berries. And I LOVE the hidden word sentiment. It is a great image to use that technique! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness! Marcia he is the sweetest little Christmas bird I've laid eyes on! So fluffy, and just that hint of blue - why don't we have these in Nature?? Gorgeous! and PEACE-ful!
=]

StampinwithAnita said...

Fun that we used the same stamp Marcia! I love hoe you cut the word through it. So clever. Thanks for having me as your guest designer this month!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what a lovely Christmas Bird card, Marcia! I love the light blue coloring of the bird and the hidden sentiment!! I feel like I found a treasure in the scene!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

I love the soft coloring of this sweet bird, Marcia! He does look so peaceful on the hidden word! An awesome design, my friend!

Trina P. said...

CAS-tastic! Adorable bird image with beautiful colouring. Great idea and work with the hidden sentiment die-cut.

Mac Mable said...

The most pretty CAS Christmas card with the prettiest and cutest of bird and I love the hidden Peace sentiment x.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning! I adore this!

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is adorable, Marcia! Love how you've coloured the little bird. Off to see what feathered friends I have in my stash, Jo x

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so pretty. Love how you diecut the Peace on your card. Hope all is well with you.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Marcia, love the camouflaged sentiment and the gorgeous frame. The little bird on the branch looks so pretty, love the colours you've used, Cathy x

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful selective coloring on this darling bird and I love the crimped border! Love your camouflaged die cut sentiment, too! Gorgeous CAS Christmas card, Marcia!

Julia Aston said...

I just love this stamp you used and your beautiful coloring of it Marcia! It took me a minute to see your lovely embedded die cut PEACE in there - a beautiful design!

AlisonC said...

Such a cute bird and a fun and interesting way to add the sentiment.

Anita in France said...

CAS and so gorgeous, Marcia ... I love camouflaged sentiments ... and this fabulous clean 'peace' die cut is wonderful with your sweet bird-on-a-branch image! Hugs, Anita :)