Sunday, October 18, 2020

CAS Mix Up Oct. 2020 - Tone on Tone

Hello friends.  The new challenge at CAS Mix Up is a TONE on TONE challenge using a stencil, and I had fun using a SSS stencil (Winter Floral) and DOX ink in Iced Spruce.


In real life this card is a lot more green than gray, but I couldn't for the life of me get a better photo...sorry!!  I started by blending the Iced Spruce all over a piece of white cs, and then added the stencil and used the same Iced Spruce DOX ink over the stencil to create the tone on tone effect.  Super easy and such a striking outcome!


My sentiment is from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Holiday and was embossed in gold on black cs.  I attached the sentiment to the bottom of my stenciled piece and then layered with a piece of gold mirror cs.  I added a piece of foam to the back of the layers for some dimension and then adhered to a top folding white card base.  Very simple card but I love the way it turned out!

This challenge is open till the 24th, so check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and their Special GD right HERE and play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

Birgit said...

Tone on tone is always so calming and pleasing to the eye. This card is lovely as can be! I'm just now playing catch up on blog commenting and I see I missed a lot of sweet, sweet cards here. The sledding owl card is darling and so is the sweet mouse from Spooktacular Friends. So cute!! All your silhouette cards are just stunning as is the brilliant orange flower from Handpicked Bouquet. Sorry I missed so many of your amazing creations my friend. I'm back to my routine so hopefully I won't be MIA any longer. Miss you my friend. Hugs~

HilaryJane said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colour even though it is not as it is in real life. A beautiful design with just the right amount of bling from the gold frame xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful tone on tone Christmas stenciled card, Marcia. I love Iced Spruce so know that it does have a more green than grey tone. It really is a beautiful color. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

Iced Spruce is one of my favorite colors and the camera hates it! I know that it's awesome though and the darker flowers on the lighter background is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Marcia with just the right amount of metallic shimmer!

Mac Mable said...

Sure is one classy and elegant card Marica. The tone on tone with the one colour of ink looks amazing x.

I Card Everyone said...

It looks perfectly, beautifully, grey to me, Marcia! No apologies necessary! lol Your stencil is so beautiful!
=]

Cat Craig said...

I'm such a fan of monochromatic cards so the tone on tone looks fabulous to me.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful Marcia!! I do love that DI and the colours works for most things too...

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! Isn't it fun tone-on-ton stenciling? Such a gorgoeus effect with your pretty flower stencil. And perfect elements of gold embossed sentiment on black and your framing of gold mirror card. xx

Anita in France said...

So stylish, Marcia ... gorgeous tone on tone grey ... and a lovely touch of pizazz with the gold embossed sentiment and gold mat peeking out around the panel! Hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

Such an elegant card Marcia, that soft gray coupled with the gold is spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up!

Pat said...

The more neutral shades of the Iced Spruce ink look great used here with this pretty stencil Marcia, and love the gold mirri frame and the embossed gold on black sentimen strip going right across the card. x

Linda said...

Beautiful tone on tone design, such a pretty stencil. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!