Wednesday, February 3, 2021

CAS Christmas Feb. 2021 - Dogs and/or Cats

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at CAS Christmas and our hostess this month is Susan and she is looking for DOGS and/or CATS on our Christmas cards.


We are dog lovers in my family, but I used a cute stamp from SSS that has both dogs and a cat on it (Furry Christmas).


I stamped my image in Versafine Black Onyx ink and then heat embossed over it in clear embossing powder.  Next I used red, green, & kraft dotted dsp (PTI) and stamped the image again and then fussy cut the hat, scarf, and antler hat and paper pieced them to the dogs and cat.


I stamped the Ho Ho Ho sentiment below (also from the Furry Christmas stamp set), and then die cut the panel using a Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die.  I matted this panel to a Real Red layer and attached both to a top folding white card base.  Pretty easy card, but it's CAS and I love the way it turned out!

We can't wait to see what you come up with using a DOG and/or CAT image, and if you need more inspiration, the DT and our special GD JANE have got you covered...just check it all out right  HERE.  Remember to keep your cards CAS and you can play along till the 24th

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



21 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh my word, I love this card, Marcia! I must try and play along with this challenge as I love the theme, Jo x

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable card with a fun and sweet image. Great paper piecing too x. I love it Marcia x.

Cat Craig said...

I love that stamp, and look how quick this card is. Fabulous take. Great idea.

Julia Aston said...

You were so clever to paper piece just their hats on this Marcia and leave the rest of the animals white - SO fun!! A cute image and wonderful CAS design!

Linda said...

So cute Marcia. Your paper piecing is perfect for the accents to the hat, antlers and scarf.

Colleen said...

Marcia, I love how you kept it simple but added the paper piecing for all the animals. Fantastic card my friend!!

Bonnie said...

I love the paper pieced accessories on these furry folk, Marcia! How fun!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dots! Cute, cute, cute!!!

Loll said...

LOVE your design Marcia. Paper piecing the dotty paper is so adorable! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your pieced accessories, Marcia - so fun to leave the critters in outline! Great card!!

Christine Alexander said...

what a great trio Marcia, love their paper pieced accessories :)

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I have long adored this darling trio of furballs! I'm happy you haven't chosen between cats, or dogs, when both can work so perfectly together!
Your fussy-cutting talents are showing here... xx
=]

Birgit said...

This trio of fur babies donning their polka dotted winter garb has me smiling from ear to ear. Adorable!

Viv said...

A fab card Marcia with some brilliant fussy cutting and paper piecing.

Kara Lynne said...

Oh boy, is that ever adorable! I love the select paper piecing that really makes a statement, and is perfect with that abbreviated sentiment!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a cute card, Marcia! Your fussy cutting on the polka dot DSP really makes the images pop and the puny sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for making me smile :) xx

Cathy said...

Sweet card Marcia, the furry friends lok adorable in their dotty gear. Great fussy cutting and paperpiecing, Cathy x

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so adorable and fun, Marcia! The facial expression of the dogs and the cat makes me smile. Love that only the paper pieced parts have colors! Wonderful design!
Hideko xx

Darnell said...

Aaah, CASlicious design, Marcia! It's so clean and perfectly executed. I love this amusing image, especially paired with the fun HO3 sediment! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Very cute image and card! Love the simplicity with the pop of paper piecing.

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek! This is right up my street... I lOVE it!