Thursday, February 17, 2022

CAS Christmas Feb. 2022 Reminder - WINTER SCENE

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still a week left to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge, where Christine is hosting and would like to see a WINTER SCENE on our Christmas cards.


Last month my cousin and I met up to exchange late Christmas gifts and then went to a little shop she knew about that was a crafters dream shop!  This little shop carried a brand of stamps that I had never heard of before called Nellie's Choice, and I found this beautiful Wintery house stamp that worked perfectly for this WINTER SCENE challenge!  Take a look...


Isn't this such a peaceful wintry scene?  I love the line drawn image of this stamp...so simple but conveys so much!  I stamped the scene in Concord & 9th's DOVE ink and then mounted it to a Basic Gray (SU!) matte and then adhered both to a white card base.


  Here's a closer up shot so you can better see the line drawing of this image.  I used WOS over all the snow on the trees, house, and drive, so this card really sparkles in real life.  My sentiment uses MB's Special Merry Christmas die and I die cut it from Real Red (SU!) cardstock to make it pop against the gray.  

We would love to see you in our gallery and help you get a head start on those Christmas cards so you're not scrambling at the last minute in an already busy time of year!  Check out all the inspiration from our amazing DT and our Special GD (Izzy) and then play along with us right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Edited to Add:  I'm also adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as I had never used the Nellie's Choice stamp before.



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful winter house in the woods Marcia - love the sled along the roadway - so pretty stamped in the gray with the pop of red sentiment! Loll used a Nellie's Choice stamp as well - need to check those out!?!! xx

Christine Alexander said...

That it such a beautiful winter scene, simplicity is always the best with these type of stamps and so great for multiples ♥

Lisa Elton said...

What a great find, Marcia this is beautiful! That sled by the driveway is so perfect for this peaceful seen. Love this!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your winter scene is so peaceful, Marcia! The card looks just like a beautiful etched print! I love that you inked the image in light gray instead of darker ink. The red die-cut sentiment beautifully pops. I can imagine pretty sparkling snow.
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

What a beautiful winter scene! I like the softness that comes from using the gray ink. The pop of red for the sentiment is perfect. A lovely card, my friend!

Mac Mable said...

Such a classy card and the most striking of stamped image x. The grey with the crisp white and then the pop of red is perfect. Glad you came away from 'The Crafters Dream Shop' with this beauty Marcia x.

Loll said...

Beautiful card using a fabulous new stamp, Marcia! I do love the sketched look of the image, so having it done in gray on white is just perfect. The touch of red from the sentiment adds a lovely hit of colour. xx

Darnell said...

I love a pencil sketch, so I think this is brilliant, Marcia! So serene and peaceful for a wonderful Christmas design! And since it's new, I'd love for you to share with everyone at NBUS! And, of course, we love the name of the stamp company! Hugs, Darnell and Nellie!

Susan said...

Wonderful winter cabin scene! Love the contrast of the red sentiment with the simple black and white of the image. I bet it's beautiful in real life with the sparkle of the wink of stella.

I Card Everyone said...

OH! an actual brick and mortar shop?? Is it worth a drive? I'd say so by looking at this gorgeous card! Marcia, it's the only Winter scene I want to see right now!! A beauty for sure and we don't have to bundle up for it!
=]

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful card, Marcia ! I think you found the ideal stamp for this challenge. Gorgeous stamping in grey with a lovely contrast with the red sentiment die cut. Just perfect as it is ! Thanks for having me guest design with you all for this challenge !

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a fabulous stamp, and it makes for a lovely winter's scene. Love the pop of the sentiment too.

Trina P. said...

Oh another beautiful Nellie’s Choice scene card! (I just came from Loll’s). Love the monochromatic gray with a pop of red colour scheme. This should be framed, too!

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome stamp that I may have to look for, Marcia! Stamping it in the gray is perfect for a hand drawn look and the red merry Christmas makes the scene extra special!

Linda said...

Marcia, love this wintery scene. Beautiful in the gray and pop of red for the sentiment.

Bobby said...

That stamp is wonderful, Marcia. It's all you need to make a beautiful Christmas card and it's perfect stamped in gray.

Cathy said...

This is a beautiful CAS card Marcia, the stamp was a great find! Love the detail in the drawing, Cathy x

Robyn Oliver said...

Love the card Marcia, perfect stamp for the CAS Christmas theme