Thursday, February 3, 2022

CAS Christmas Feb. 2022 - WINTER SCENE

Hello friends.  It's a new month and time for a new challenge at CAS Christmas, where this month our hostess is Christine and she would like us to create a WINTER SCENE on our CAS Christmas cards.


I have a very simple card to share with you for this challenge using a stamp set from PTI (Deer To Me) that was gifted to me this past Christmas by my sweet friend Michele!  Take a look:


I started by ink blending with Blue Raspberry and Blue Denim inks (Gina K) through an oval stencil, and then splattered some snow using white acrylic paint.  Once the splatters were dry, I ran the panel through my die cutting machine with The Greetery's Nordic Frame Die, and then attached to a top folding white card base.  


For my 2 deer, I stamped a piece of kraft cardstock with an older SU! background stamp called Hardwood, and then die cut the 2 deer from the Deer To Me set.  I love that the deer dies already have  a woodgrained surface to them so that you get a bit of dimension with them!  I stamped antlers with a darker brown ink and then used a black glaze pen to add the eyes.  The deer on the right was added with foam dots behind him to add even a bit more dimension, and the sentiment was stamped in black (also from the Deer To Me stamp set).  

There is lots of inspiration for you from our DT and Special GD Izzy, so check it all out right HERE and play along with us to get a head start on those Christmas cards...you KNOW Christmas comes faster and faster every year!!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


21 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I love them cut from this wonderful woodgrain-stamped paper! It's been a bit since I've seen deer from my window - thanks for this beautiful reminder!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you added so much dimension to this card, Marcia! The deer look amazing with your background stamp and the Nordic border is perfect...Love this card! xx

Julia Aston said...

Your deer are beautiful in the embossed and stamped woodgrain Marcia - love how they have their heads going in the same direction even though their bodies aren't - the snowy blue oval sets them off wonderfully! xx

Bonnie said...

These are the dearest deer, Marcia! Love the texture from the stamping and the impressions from the die! The oval background is the perfect way to show them off!

Christine Alexander said...

I'm with Bonnie, these are the cooles Deer. Love the use of the wood stamp for the bodies ♥

Colleen said...

Marcia, you always amaze me with your creative card designs. Yes, the deer are fabulous, Love them and love the wood grain texture! Amazing card, my friend. And I would love some of your snow. I finally have a generator (after having NO power last year for 8 days...so I wouldn't mind trying it out!*wink)...for a day or two! *wink*wink Heart Hugs, col

Susan said...

Beautiful! Love the very rustic looking reindeer and the great blue ink blending. The Nordic frame die is perfect with it.

Izzy Scrap said...

A beautiful winter scene, Marcia, with these gorgeous reindeers. You're totally right, they look even more fabulous with this woodgrain embossing and they stand out beautifully over your gorgeous oval blue background ! Thanks so much for your warm welcome and for having me guesting with you this month. x

Sue N said...

Wonderful holiday card, Marcia! I love the woodgrain deer and nordic framing! Sue N

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, love these sweet deer and the dimension you achieved. Sweet scene.

Papercraft Boutique said...

You gave the beautiful backdrop and frame for these cute deer, Marcia! I LOve that you added the woodgrain stamp to the die-cut deer. The texture made the deer so special and unique! The smooth blue sponging with spattered snow looks fantastic and you arranged the oval background, the deer and the sentiment perfectly well-balanced!
Hideko xx

Linda said...

Beautifully blended background to go with your cute Nordic deer. Lovely card my friend.

nancy littrell said...

Love your sponged sky, die cut Nordic framing, stamped and die cut adorable deer and sweet sentiment, Marcia. TFS your description. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Cathy said...

What a great idea to stamp the textured deer with woodgrain, such a lovely effect. Beautifully blended sky too, Cathy x

Birgit said...

Your woodgrain deer are delightful, Marcia! So much texture with both the embossed woodgrain and the stamped woodgrain. The Nordic frame is perfect for these winter fellas.

TK said...

Ohhhh - such a sweet scene, and wonderful texture to the deer!

Trina P. said...

Wow! Love the cool and unexpected woodgrain texture on the deer. Beautiful inked oval background to highlight them, too.

Mac Mable said...

I love how you did those cute deer's. The blending and the tonal colours behind them look so pretty. The Nordic frame sets of your beautiful Winter Scene to perfection Marcia x.

Loll said...

LOVE those sweet deer. So creative and fun to have them cut from woodgrain stamped kraft paper. The antlers are so cool!! Beautiful over top of your beautiful coloured sky. xx

AlisonC said...

So clever to create that beautiful wood look. I love it. x

Kathy W said...

Like others, love the woodgrain of the deer. Beautiful card!