Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Color Hues #35 - NAVY & PINK

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for cards using the beautiful color combination of Navy & Pink!


I am still hooked on PTI's Into The Blooms: Roses dies, so guess what I'm using on my card???


I just can't seem to stop making these roses in every color combination possible, and of course I had made a couple of pink ones, so the rest of the card was easy to come up with using navy!


I started with a navy card base, added a white layer, and then another navy layer that I embossed with a new embossing folder from Altenew called Waffled Diamonds.


Next I die cut all my leaves from navy cs and then inked the edges with Night of Navy ink (SU!) and then splattered with white acrylic paint.


I hot foiled my sentiment in a pink foil that I tried so hard to capture with my camera, but this was the best shot I could get!  In real life it is so shiny and pretty.  (PFS Fancy Script Words)  

Make sure you check out all the beautiful cards using this color combo from the DT over at Color Hues and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 27th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking colour combination and you have nailed it Marcia. What a stunning card. The pink layering flowers are beautiful, love the texture on the navy cardstock and the attention to detail with inking the edges of the die cut leaves. All adds up to one stunning and amazing card Marcia x.

Kara Lynne said...

Those pink roses are gorgeous on the all navy background! I love the texture and leaves - great dramatic depth with your ink blending and white speckles! This card is just fabulous!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, what a beauty, Marcia! This card has so many things I love - the fabulous texture from the folder, the white spatters and sponged edges. The roses are gorgeous! Whaat I love best is how you went bold with the navy background, a great design, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I like what the white specks add to your dramatic navy background! Fabulous card, Marcia!

TK said...

Stunning! I'm a huge fan of the colors, but your flowers are uber gorgeous, and the diamond detail below is amazing!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! So much detail on your card, Marcia! I love this! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, this is a stunner. Love the blue on blue with the darkening on the leaves. The pink just pops.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I am drooling Marcia... I just love this the colours are wonderful as are your roses. Thank you for your kind wishes my friend

Nancy said...

I can so see why you are hooked on these roses, Marcia! What a totally fabulous and lovely Birthday card! You have so much glimmer on this card that the recipient is going to feel very special. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues you know I love having you in our gallery! Take care!

Karen said...

Fabulous roses! And the embossed background is so wonderful behind them. Love that pink foiled sentiment! So happy to see your card in the Color Hues gallery!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous roses, and those navy leaves!!! Marcia, this is just stunning! Looks like you have a new embossing folder to share, too! COME ON SPRING!
=]

Bobby said...

Stunning, Marcia!!! The roses are lovely but what you did with the background and darkening the leaves really makes the card a standout.

Bonnie said...

I am still enjoying these roses, Marcia! Keep them coming! The pink is so striking against all that wonderful navy texture!

Hannelie said...

I just fell in love ♥
This is just so beautiful Marcia! Love the texture and subtle bling!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues !

Loll said...

STUNNING!! LOVE these gorgeous layered, pink roses, Marcia. They look amazing against the deep navy background ... really pop! And I love the layering of your embossed background with the leafy branches. The white splattering gives them some sparkle. xx