Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Double D Birds & Peace On Earth #15

Hello friends.  I'm combining one card for two challenges today...the Double D and the Peace On Earth.  The Double D challenge is looking for BIRDS and the Peace On Earth challenge is "Anything goes Christmas", so it was pretty easy to combine these 2.



Here's what I came up with combining the two challenges...


I used some Masking Magic (Gina K) to die cut the Cathedral Window (The Greetery), and then ink blended some light yellow to give a warm glow to the inside of church, followed by masking the light yellow so I could ink blend the blue for my outside.  Next I used my MISTI to stamp the pine branch from SU!'s Ornamental Pine onto my ink blended layer, followed by leaving the stamp in place in my MISTI, and stamping again on a white die cut Cathedral Window.  I was a little off on lining them up, but not too bad!


I stacked 3 of the die cut windows for some dimension and also added a piece of acetate to the back of the top die cut window.  (My plan at first was to make a shaker, but then I changed my mind.)  I did use some glue in the corners of each of the window panes, and then added glitter to make it look like snow piling up on the window.  I used an oldie but a goodie stamp set from PTI (Brushed Birds) for my two birdies and stamped them both in shades of red to give my card more of a Christmas feel as opposed to just a Winter card.  I thought about adding a sentiment to the outside, but decided to just stamp the inside and not clutter up the front.

The Peace On Earth Challenge is open till the 12th at 8:00PM, and the  Double D Challenge is open till the 15th at 8:00PM.  Lots of great inspiration at both sites, so check it out and play along.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The pine needles stamping looks so effective and I love the glow from the cathedral window x. Super adorable birds and a fun idea with the pile of glittery snow Marcia x.

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fabulous creation ... love your overall design ... very creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge and our Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there! You will find links to the other four challenge blogs we have on the sidebar of our blogs.

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a lovely combination of the two challenges. I love the care you take to combine all the elements to make such a lovely card.

Lisa Elton said...

That's a sweet mama and baby bird! I love the frosty edges you added, Marcia! This is lovely!

I Card Everyone said...

So very beautiful, Marcia! As much as I little your glitter, I'm doubly happy we don't have snow building up on our windowsills anymore!
Love these red Christmas-y birds!
=]

Bobby said...

What a gorgeous card, Marcia. The masking worked perfectly for an inside/outside look. Those birds are adorable My daughter often asks" Do you need a sentiment?" She thinks they can ruin the artistic nature of a card and in this case it's true.

Diane said...

Beautifully created card!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Double D and Peace On Earth!
Diane DD DT and POE DT {Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Susan said...

Beautiful little birds! And a lovely window with the pine branch across it!

Bonnie said...

Your branch lines up perfectly as far as I can see, Marcia! Love, this cathedral window and the sweet red birds!

Birgit said...

This is completely adorable Marcia! How did I miss this?? So glad you linked up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!