Friday, May 13, 2022

The Flower Challenge #68 - USE A NUMBER

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge where this month they are looking for a NUMBER on our flower cards.


It's Tulip season and I've been seeing a lot of beautiful cards using The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Tulips Dies out there in blogland, and I kept thinking "why, oh why, did I never order that set?!"  So I went to The Greetery's website and put the dies in my shopping cart, and then hesitated...maybe I better look through my stash??  Yep, sure enough, I already had the dies!!  (Quit laughing Bobby!)  I can't be the only one out there with so many stamps and dies that I don't know what I even have anymore!!  Oh well, at least I checked this time before ordering, and the Tulips worked out perfectly for my numbered flower card.  Take a look...


Can you see my numbers in the background??  I used The Greetery's Delightful Digits Cover Plate Die for my background with a white on white look so my flowers would pop.  I die cut the Tulips out of white cardstock, and then ink blended using DOX inks in Peeled Paint, Rustic Wilderness, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, & Aged Mahogany.  


My sentiment was heat embossed in white on black cardstock and then die cut using the smallest Crimped Circle Dies (The Greetery), and the sentiment is from Gina K's It's All You.  I finished this card with a bit of WOS, a gold cord bow, and a few gold gems from PFS.

Lots and lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT for you to check out if you want to see how to use a number on your flower card...check it all out right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 25th at 5:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Cool look with the delightful digits coverplate. Love your tulips.

Lyn said...

Your card is so beautiful

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, you're TOO FUNNY, Marcia!!! Loving those pretty pink tulips and that little pizazz of gold!

I Card Everyone said...

I sure am glad you looked - it's a beauty, Marcia! Didn't I point her out when I came across that darling bird?
LOve your numerical background - and having you join us again at The Flower Challenge!
=]

Susan said...

Fabulous way to get the numbers on the card for the challenge! Love those gorgeous tulips! You're definitely not the only one who has so much you don't know what you've got! Lucky you to catch it this time! I've ordered things and then months later discover I have duplicates - so annoying and a sure sign I need to be better organized!

Bonnie said...

LOL, I'm learning to shop my stash before I order. I'm glad you found the tulip dies and I love how you've colored them and popped them on the number background! So pretty, my friend!

Birgit said...

This is so sweet Marcia! I can't tell you how many times I've purchased something I've already had. I'm so glad you discovered you had it and made this beautiful card. I love that number background!! Think you could send a couple my way??

Bobby said...

TeeHee! I think you need something like Evernote to keep track, Marcia, although I haven't added my new purchases to it lately. I'm doubly glad. 1. that you didn't rebuy that wonderful tulip, and 2. that you used it for The Flower Challenge. The die cut background is perfect for adding a number, or two or three. ;) Wonderful card, my friend.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the chuckle Marcia and yes you are not alone....x. The tulips look fabulous and what an amazing background numbered cover plate too. A striking card, which I love x.

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card Marcia and I love the embossed number background. So pretty and thank you for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!