Friday, May 20, 2022

Four Seasons Spring Challenge - May 2022

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the Four Seasons SPRING Challenge where they are celebrating all things SPRING!


I grew up thinking of Spring as Lilac season because of the row of Lilac bushes my mom had right outside our dining room windows, and I can still vividly remember that heavenly smell!  Of course I had to plant one of my own when I got married, but that first one never survived.  About 10 years ago I decided to try again, and the first couple years as it was getting established, I only had a few blooms on it each year, but was excited to think of the coming years as it grew!  I live in Michigan, and Spring weather can be very unpredictable, especially where we get a week of warmer temperatures where things start to bud, and then it snows again and kills the buds...grrrrr!  Well anyway, that's what Spring has been for the last 5 or 6 years, so needless to say my Lilac bush has not given me many pretty blooms.  Until this year!!  


They look more white than purple, but that's just my photography skills!  My bush is just loaded this year and I couldn't be happier!!


Can you smell them??  I can!!  Well of course after seeing the mood board for this challenge, and my own beautiful bush this year, I HAD to make a Lilac card!!  I used an older red rubber stamp from Impression Obsession (H8731) and came up with this Lilac card:


I stamped my image in black Versafine Onyx ink and then then clear heat embossed before coloring with several of my Copics.


I added my image to a die cut Postal Frame (The Greetery) in Highland Heather cardstock (SU!), and then added foam strips to the back before adding it to my white card base that I had used a MB Pinpoint Leaf Plate die on.


I finished my card with some sparkly white ribbon (SU!), silver cord, a small die cut heart (PTI's Tiny Tags), and a few Disco Ball sequins from Gina K.  In my head I could smell Lilacs the whole time I was making this card!!  :0)

There are LOTS of beautiful cards from the DT (and already in the gallery!) depicting SPRING, and you can check it all out right HERE to gaze (and smell!!) what SPRING is all about.  You can also play along with your own SPRING card until the 25th of this month. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous memories for you Marcia and I am so glad that your beautiful Lilac tree, this year, has produced an abundance of pretty flowers that I can smell and they smell fabulous xx. Such a pretty card with a delicate lilac bloom and love the cover plate and the ever so pretty die cut frame too x.

Cat Craig said...

YES, I can smell them. We had a small bush in our backyard in CA, and I loved the smell of the lilacs. A neighbor had honeysuckle and that was so sweet too. Your card is lovely. I like the leaf piercing and the bits of ribbon and twine accents.

Donna Walls said...

That is a gorgeous lilac bush! I wonder if they would grow here in Florida..it may be too hot for them. Your coloring and card design are wonderful, Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

I can, I can!! My little baby bushes have a few flower buds on them now, Marcia! Can't wait until they are this size! BTW I love white lilacs, too!
Your darling card is equally beautiful with its tiny little sentiment that won't cover one bit of these beautiful lilacs! So smart!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yes... I can smell them!! So happy your bush has flourished, Marcia. We've tried in a couple of different locations here and they just aren't happy ~ boo... they ARE my favorite flower. Two of our neighbors have gorgeous deep purple lilacs and can you believe they have no scent whatsoever!!?? Lovely card today, I have that stamp too! Have you ever been to the Lilac Festival on Mackinac Island? Lots of lilacs in bloom then!

Melanie Hungerford said...

This is so pretty, but who doesn't love lilacs?!? Great card, thank you for joining us at Four Seasons!

TK said...

What a precious lavender card, Marcia, and the lofty lavender aroma comes right across too! We have lavendar out our "sun room" windows, and I love the time of the year when I can throw open the windows and smell them all day long!

Bonnie said...

I always loved lilacs and miss having them in NC! The scent is intoxicating! What a beautiful reminder your card is, Marcia! I envy you your full and beautiful lilac bush!

Susan said...

I have lilacs in my backyard and they've just started blooming - love that scent. So glad yours is blooming so well this year. Beautiful card with beautifully coloured lilacs!

Bobby said...

Yes I can smell them, Marcia. Lilacs really are a sign of Spring. I'm so glad your bush gave you so many blossoms this year. You paid great homage to it with the lovely card.

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... your card is just beautiful and since purple is my favorites color & Lilacs one of my all time favorite Springtime smells ... your card really speaks to me! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. WOW your Lilacs are GORGEOUS! I planted a Dwarf Lilac a couple years ago and it wasn't too exciting last year but like yourself ... WOW This year it's BEAUTIFUL and smells SO GOOD!!! (I'm in Ohio and thought that late frost got it but my efforts to cover it must have worked ... YAY)

Birgit said...

Both your card and your lilac bush are gorgeous, and I can smell the lilacs!! We planted three lilac bushes last year and the tiniest one, that we didn't think would survive the winter, has the most buds on it. We ate outside the other night and could smell them on the patio. Pure delight!! I have the same memories as have with your moms' lilacs. My mom couldn't wait to snip a few of the fragrant blossoms and display in a beautiful vase in the center of her dining room table. I'm glad to hold on to those wonderful memories.