Monday, May 16, 2022

Color Hues Challenge #41 - RED & AQUA

Hello friends.  I am honored to be Guest Designing with the team over at the Color Hues Challenge and this week we are looking for cards with RED and AQUA.


I have always loved using this color combo for Christmas cards, but since the weather here in my "neck of the woods" has turned a bit warmer finally, I decided to work on my dwindling birthday card stash using a fun die set from Spellbinder's that my sweet friend Birgit shared with me called Serve-A-Slice.  Take a look...


Now doesn't a slice of warm cherry pie make you think of warm Summer days?!!  Birgit sent all the pieces for the pie slice and plate in white cardstock, and I ink blended with kraft and red inks to create this yummy piece of pie.  My background was done with PFS's Diamond Plaid Stencil, and Ocean Mist ink from Gina K.  


My sentiment comes from The Greetery's Sweet Tooth stamp & die set, and my frame is from PFS's Stitched Scallop Rectangle Dies.  I finished off this sweet card with a bit of glitter and a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K).

I have a twofer for you today, because I LOVE this color combination and I really am trying to ramp up my sadly depleted birthday stash.  I have made similar cards to this one and posted on my Instagram account (#marciahill9304) using different colors, but it turned out pretty cool with the red & aqua color combo too!


 This card uses MFT's Happy Cake Day and Recipe For Happiness stamps and dies, and the background is from The Stamp Market - Pierced Plaid (Thanks Michele!!).  


All my cake layers and "HAPPY" letters and sprinkles were ink blended with Fired Brick and Peacock Feather Distress inks, and I finished off the "HAPPY with some Glossy Accents, and a bit of WOS on the sprinkles.  

So there you have two cards using the RED and AQUA color combo, and we can't wait to see what YOU come up with using these two colors!  Check out all the inspiration from the talented DT and then play along right HERE.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

cm said...

Marcia, both cards have sent my sweet tooth tingling! Two delicious, decadent desserts that pair perfectly with the teal/blue combination! Inspired and inspiring! So thrilled to have you as our Guest Designer over at Color hues!
~carol

Cindy Beach said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia, thank you for rocking my colors with TWO fabulous cards! My mom used to make the best cherry pies, and yours looks too pretty to eat! I LOVE that striped cake slice and the adorable chef too. A wonderful treat having you for GD at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

Oh I love a good cherry pie with whipped cream -it is a fabulous summer treat. Your card looks yummy. Your cake looks tasty as well. Fabulous take on aqua and red.

Linda said...

Marcia, two fantastic, yummy looking cards. Just adorable.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous red/aqua bday cards, Marcia - good enough to eat!! Congrats on guest designing!!

Julie B said...

Two fab and fun takes on the colours. The inking on the pie crust makes it good enough to eat! :)

Nancy said...

Oh Marcia, Leave it to you to go above and beyond! Both of these decadent deserts are just fabulous! I love the pie card so much, but let me just say, that my slices of pie have a thick layer of Cool Whip over the entire piece not just a dollop. LOL As for your 5 layer cake, it looks super in red and aqua too. Awesome job and thanks for being such a delightful guest, we are lucky to have you.

Lisa Elton said...

You're making me hungry and my hubby would be all over that cherry pie LOL! These are both perfectly delightful. Love this color combo and hope to find time to play. Congrats on guesting!

Karen said...

What fabulous sweet treats you've created! I love that adorable chef on the second card, and the designs of both cards showcase all those wonderful dies. So glad to have you as a Guest Designer!

Birgit said...

Both cards have me drooling for a piece of something sweet. These are just too adorable!!! The chef is the perfect touch for this oversized piece of cake. Love it!! congrats on your guest design spot. It's well deserved!

Bonnie said...

Two fun birthday cards, Marcia! The cherry pie looks delicious and the layered cake is such fun! Love both plaid backgrounds! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, my friend. Well deserved!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations, Marcia! Seems we're the winners since you've made us PIE!! Cherry pie, no less - my favorite! That little French Chef is still a favorite of mine, too!
I love this color combo at Christmas - maybe a Christmas card is in order? x
=]

Kristie Goulet said...

I love both of these fun and yummy birthday cards, Marcia! So great having you as Guest Designer this week! xoxo

Susan said...

Great cards! Two fabulous and delicious ways to use the red and aqua!

Kara Lynne said...

A great "twofer", Marcia! That pie is scrumptious looking, and I love that little chef!

Bobby said...

Cherry pie! My favorite, Marcia, and it looks good enough to eat. Your ink blending on both cards is fantastic. Even with all your wonderful inspiration, I'm stumped with the colors but I'm still thinking.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I'll have a piece of each please! These are both so much fun. beautiful ink blending!

Loll said...

Both cards are so sweet, Marcia (pardon the pun!). :) I LOVE the delicious looking cherry pie. So gorgeous against the aqua plaid background - love it! And your birthday cake is so fun with all those layers. That chef makes me smile. :) xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous colour combination on both of your 'sweet' cards Marcia. The cherry pie looks fabulous and loving the background stencilling too x.