Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Double D Challenge - CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS

Hello friends.  My cards are made and mailed out but couldn't resist playing along with the Double D Challenge where they are looking for CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS.

 

I used an older Avery Elle set called Stockings and came up with this card...


I started by stenciling my background with Gina K's Brick Wall stencil and then matted it to a piece of Basic Gray cs (SU!) and a side folding white card base.


Next I stamped and colored up my stockings with a few red, green, & gray Copic markers, and then fussy cut them out.  I attached them to a wood panel from PTI's Christmastime stamp and die set that made me think of a fireplace mantle.  The die cut NOEL is from the same set.


The trees and rocking horse are also a part of the Christmastime stamp and die set and helped to finish creating my little Christmas fireplace scene.  I also added glitter to the trees (which unfortunately you cannot see...NO sunshine here in Michigan for over a week now...grrrrrrrr!  Makes photographing difficult!!) and a couple sparkling gems to the bells on two of the stockings.  Pretty simple card but I like the way it turned out.  

There are lots of FUN and BEAUTIFUL stocking cards for inspiration from the talented DT HERE, so check it out and play along if you still need to finish up those last minute cards!  This challenge is open till the 18th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I just love the 'true' Christmas colors of your last few cards. This is as darling as can be - these fun stockings are in my stash somewhere! Loving the little rocking horse and your grey brick! Adorable!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

So cute, Marcia! I like the elf look the stockings have and the darling scene you've created for them!

Birgit said...

This is the perfect Christmas scene Marcia! The brick background and mantel, the fir trees and the adorable little rocking horse make the perfect accents to your fun stockings. This is simply charming my friend! So glad to see you linked up to the Double D Challenge as well. Best of luck to you!

Bonnie said...

Love these bright and pretty Christmas stockings, Marcia! Looks like Santa brought a sweet rocking horse.

Diane said...

Fabulous design Marcia, you should enter it into our Stencil Fun challenge! I hear you about the sunshine as I live in Michigan too, though it popped out a little a couple days ago!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Linda said...

Your Christmas stocking scene is just so adorable, Marcia. So cute. Merry Christmas, my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, you can always start on next year's cards! This looks exactly like a fireplace and mantle even though it's just stenciled bricks and a wood panel piece. The power of suggestion... it takes a gifted card maker to make it so apparent. I love this all over, but that little rocking horse is the absolute perfect finish! Thanks for joining us at Double D, Marcia!

Julia Aston said...

What a great design Marcia! love the festive stockings and the sweet rocking horse beside the lovely pine tree! xx

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card, I love the added touch of the hobby horse. So classic! Lots of wonderful work and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D. Hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ DD DT

Bobby said...

Great design, Marcia.