Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thank You with The Greetery

Hello friends.  Are you ready for Christmas??  Cards mailed?  Shopping done??  Gifts wrapped?  Baking done?  We had our family Christmas this past Sunday, so this has been a wonderful week of taking it easy for me, and also FINALLY getting to play with some new Greetery products.  It was killing me to see others play with all these new products from The Greetery's last release and not having the time to play until now!  But I made up for it with two cards and a tag, so let me show you what I've been working on!


One of the 1st things I noticed everyone using with this latest Greetery release was the Dried Citrus Slices Dies, which I did not think I needed.  Boy was I wrong!!!  Everything I've seen has been SO beautiful using these orange slices, and I was just totally kicking myself for not getting them!  So I had to move onto plan B and compromise...The Greetery's Lemon Blossom set had a smaller fruit slice in it (think tangerine size instead of an orange size) that worked beautifully once I changed the colors, and I also found a larger fruit slice stamp in an older SU! set called Lemon Zest.  Between the two, I made them work!  

My sweet friend Michele gifted me the Ribbon Maker Pinked Stars Die and that's what I used for my background on both of my Thank You cards...LOVE this die!!  Besides my orange slices, I also added the Big Branches Ruscus Die, the Big Branches Eucalyptus Die, and the Big Branches Baby's Breath Die, all of which I added a bit of inking to and some splattering also.  Didn't want all those small stars that were left over from the Ribbon Maker Pinked Stars Die go to waste, so I added a few of them onto the sides of my card base.  I finished with a bit of twine and a few Sparkling Champagne Metallic Pearls from PFS.


I stuck with the same color family for my 2nd card but changed up the card base to kraft instead of white like the 1st card.  


I did add the BotaniCuts Pine Bough to this card along with the Big Branches Eucalyptus Die, and of course the fruit slices.


It's hard to see in my photos but I textured my card base using a retired SU! embossing folder called Subtle...still one of my all-time favorite embossing folders!!  The Thank You that I stamped on the large orange slices from both cards comes from The Greetery's Tagged Elegance stamp set.  Some more twine and the Sparkling Champagne Metallic Pearls (PFS) once again finished off this 2nd card.


Because I had leftover bits and pieces, I decided to make a tag and I'm pretty tickled with how this came out too!  I stamped the background of my tag with The Greetery's Pine & Berry Background Stamp and Crumb Cake ink, and then added a small piece of the Ribbon Maker Petite Scallops Die cut out in kraft cs.  I decorated it with another pine branch and Ruscus die cut, and finished with more twine and the Sparkling Champagne Metallic Pearls once again.


Here they are all 3 together, and I think you can tell I had FUN putting all 3 of these cards and tag together!  Now what shall I play with today since we have a blizzard barreling down upon us and I won't be going anywhere for the next 3 or 4 days??  No shortage of things to play with over here, so as long as we don't lose power, I'll just be right here in my happy place!  (Praying all of you in this Winter storms path stay safe!!!!!)

Since most of the products I used today are NBUS, I'm going to add these over at Darnell's NBUS Challenge.


 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, I'm swooning over your cards and tag. I absolutely love them all!! The citrus slice dies are on my wish list as well but you overcame your need for them beautifully, using the stamps you found. They're all beautiful, but I'm loving the one done on kraft. Something about all the warm tones, so pleasing to the eye. I really think I need to go shopping now at TG. Thanks for enabling... I mean inspiring me! ;0) Merry Christmas to you dear friend!

TK said...

LOVE these, Marcia! Beautiful colors, perfectly inked and so very interesting and unique. Thanks for sharing at NBUS

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of cards and tag, Marcia! Your combination of products is wonderful! Vikki H

Bonnie said...

A gorgeous trio, Marcia! How fun to get a chance to play with this new release! I hope you get some more time to relax and get to use your Christmas china on Christmas day! Have a merry one, my friend and stay warm!

Loll said...

WOW! Two fabulous cards and an amazing tag! What fun you've had playing with your new toys, Marcia! :) xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Marcia, I could just burst with how much I love everything you created here! I adore citrus slices but always wonder how I would use them on cards. Well, my eyes have seen the glory now! The colors and greenery and compositions... everything is totally fabulous! I'm so glad you finally had a chance to play with your new things!

I Card Everyone said...

What can I add but to say ditto to every single word above? Am I losing it? I can actually smell the aroma of those gorgeous oranges! Tangerines continue to be a favorite around the holidays so I'm very happy to find them here on your beautiful projects!
I just knew you'd love those stars - and you've quickly found that they're not just for Christmas! xx
=]

Bobby said...

I'm proud of you for using what you had to make these beautiful citrus arrangements, Marcia. I love the inking on the greenery.