Thursday, December 29, 2022

Double Stamped Vellum

Hello friends.  Been having fun this week just playing with NBUS and trying techniques that I've just never gotten around to...like the Double Stamped Vellum technique that Bonnie and Loll have been showing on their blogs recently.  Chrissie Stokes has a wonderful video HERE that shows how fun and easy this technique is!  My first attempt is very simple, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  I will definitely be trying it again and using more color!  For today though, here is take one...


I started by embossing in white on my heavy weight vellum (PTI) an image from The Greetery called Lovely Silhouettes.  Next you simply turn the vellum over and stamp either the same image or a different one (I used 2 more images from the same Lovely Silhouettes stamp set).  I used Jelly Bean Green (Gina K) ink to randomly stamp on the backside of my vellum.


Next I created a frame using PTI's Pierced Feature Frame Dies and adhered my vellum to the backside of the frame.  On my card base I taped off all 4 edges with some skinny washi tape and then used an old SU! background stamp called En Francais and Smokey Slate ink (SU!) to stamp directly onto the card base to add a bit of interest to my background.  


To finish my card I used a sentiment strip from Gina K and also a few Disco Ball Sequins (also Gina K).  I think this technique makes such a classy CAS card and will definitely be making more, and like I said earlier, using a bit more color.  Such an easy and fun technique...thanks Bonnie and Loll for getting me started!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful card using this fun technique Marica. Great work!! xx

Bonnie said...

I love what you chose to stamp with this technique, Marcia! And the script in the background is a wonderful finishing touch! You make me want to do this technique again, my friend!

Colleen said...

I saw this on their blogs and thought, I need to try that...so now that you have reminded me how unique and beautiful it is I shall give it a try...and I better do it right now before I forget again! this is really stunning my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way this turned out, Marcia, it's so pretty! I've seen Bonnie and Loll use this technique too and hope to try it. You've inspired me!

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! I love the soft effect of the stamping on vellum and of course I'm also loving the script background. I'll have to check out that video. Thanks for sharing the link! Happy New Year my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

You did it and it's gorgeous! It's on my long list of things to try. Your delicate colors are soooo pretty, and the flower stamp is beautiful. The script is a perfect background. I still have that stamp, too. Marcia, this first try is so lovely it looks like you've been doing double stamped vellum forever!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. I have not gotten around to this double stamping on vellum but am going to try it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

I Card Everyone said...

I know I told you how much I want to try this technique, Marcia - this beauty makes me want to try it even more! Just love the scripty stamping in the background!
=]

Bobby said...

I love that technique and did it early on when I saw Bonnie and Loll do it but then like everything else it got forgotten. I love the images you chose, Marcia, and I will definitely be doing this for myself. In fact I have a stamp set I pulled for some reason in view and I'm going to make a card using it as soon as I'm through commenting on your posts.