Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Flower Challenge #75 - CHRISTMAS

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge today and they are looking for CHRISTMAS flower cards.


I had won a gift card from Altenew quite a few months ago and ordered some of their 3D embossing folders, including their Perfect Poinsettias 3D embossing folder which I had not used yet, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to get it out and play!  


This is one of those cards that's so much prettier in real life with the color, shine, and foiling!  I've been pretty hooked on the technique that Jennifer McGuire showed awhile back with ink blending in a masked off area and then brushing perfect pearls over the blended area before running the whole piece through an embossing folder.  I used 3 shades of red distress inks for my blending (Lumberjack Plaid, Fired Brick, & Aged Mahogany).


After adhering my embossed panel to a top folding white note card, I added my silver foiled sentiment from PFS's Perfect Sentiments: Holiday along with a few silver metallic pearls (also PFS) and a piece of black & white baker's twine at the top.  Such an easy technique that really packs a punch in real life!!

I will also be adding this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as I've had this embossing folder for months and this is the first time using it!  


Make sure you check out all the absolutely BEAUTIFUL Christmas flower cards from the DT and their special GD Darnell and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is only open till the 15th this month.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! What gorgeous detail!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Marcia. That technique is a winner for sure.

Leslie Miller said...

This technique is winning hearts all over, and now your card is looking like a winner to me! Beautiful colors you chose, a lovely folder, and perfectly executed process. Stunning really. Cardmaking just gets better and better with all the tools and techniques we didn't have when I first started. It's wonderful!

Lisa Elton said...

Great job, Marcia this is a marvelous card! The poinsettias are so pretty!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! LOVE the beautiful metallic colours on your focal point. Such a cool technique with embossing the pieces together. xx

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, I love this, Marcia! I missed this wonderful design idea from JM, so I'm happy to see it on your beautiful card! It's an easy way to add a ton of WOW factor to 3D e/fs that are already pretty spectacular. Thank you for playing along with The Flower Challenge and for the kind shoutout! Thank you, too, for linking to NBUS (although I don't see it yet in the gallery). Happy Christmas Hugs, Darnell

TK said...

Very pretty, Marcia, the shimmer and 3d is fantastic! Really a great technique, also using the masking too -- thanks for joining us at NBUS!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a technique that I missed, and I am so happy you shared it here. Looks marvelous. I love that EF,a nd just happen to have it! Going to give it a whirl! Thanks for the inspiration, Marcia.

Aileen said...

Love this card Marcia, I have still too try this technique, it's just so beautiful and perfect for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Bonnie said...

I have got to try this technique. Your card is gorgeous and I'm sure that shine is fantastic!

Maria said...

Wonderful embossing! Such a lovely Christmas card!

Julia Aston said...

What a great technique! love the depth of red in the center of your card Marcia - I've got to get out some embossing folders and give this a try! xx

Bobby said...

I'm glad I'm finally seeing your version, Marcia, after seeing others say they saw yours and had to do the same technique after watching Jennifer's video. If I had seen the video before I totally forgot that technique and do love how easy yet beautiful it is. So you know what's coming next. I'm getting out my Perfect Pearls and making a few of these today. Right after the double stamped vellum I said I was going to do. Looks like a busy day.