Thursday, February 1, 2024

Color Hues #80 - RED & PINK

Hello friends.  Happy February and welcome to a new challenge at Color Hues where Sheri is our hostess and she would like to see RED & PINK on our cards.

Do you like our new graphic?  All of us at Color Hues are loving it and hope you do too!  

I could have gone in so many directions with this color combination, but needed a few Valentine's cards and what a perfect fit this combo is for the love holiday!  I have a very CAS card to share with you today and I love how it turned out!  (Sometimes less really is more!!)  Take a look...



I stamped my sentiment first (The Greetery - Signed & Sealed With a Kiss) and then flipped  my panel over to make a score mark on the back that would be raised on the front.  Then I added two Ribbon Maker Heart Strip die cuts (The Greetery) using glitter cardstock from PFS in red & pink. In the past I've always used glitter cs from Michael's or Hobby Lobby, and they always have a kind of plastic backing on them that makes it really hard to die cut with them, but this new glitter cs from PFS cuts like a dream and the colors are so pretty!  



I lightly colored with Copics the little bunnies from Anita Jeram's (CCC) Snuggle Bunny stamp set, and then fussy cut them out and added them behind the die cut heart strips.  I matted with a red panel and attached both layers to a white card base and then finished with a few of the red & pink hearts that were left over from the die cutting strips.  Easy peasy and I'm tickled with the way it came out!

Edited to Add:  Also adding my card to the Just Us Girls Challenge where they are also having a red & pink color challenge...great minds think alike!!



Make sure you check out all the inspiration from the DT and our Special GD Bobby right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in our gallery!  This challenge is open till Wednesday, Feb. 14th @ 9:00AM. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, these two snuggle bunnies are just adorable tucked into your glittering gorgeous strips of hearts!
Such a cute card - and thanks for the review of the PFS glitter card stock!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this is so darned cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Less is definitely more and I wish I was better at it. This is completely fabulous, Marcia! The moment I saw those little bunnies my heart went "awwww"! So utterly adorable! I do absolutely love the new challenge graphic, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Those snuggle bunnies have stolen my heart! This is adorable, Marcia!

TK said...

Adorable bunnies, and they are definitely snuggling amongs all the love on your card! CAS packs a punch again

Birgit said...

These little snuggle bunnies are just too cute Marcia! The sparkly heart borders are all this card needed. I wish I was better at the "less is more" technique. Simply adorable!

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet, Marcia! Love the snuggle bunnies and the glittery hearts! Thanks for the tip about this glitter paper.

Julie B said...

Love those two cute bunnies snuggling up above the glittery hearts Marcia. A fab take on the new colours. :)

Nancy said...

I just love it when you incorporate some CCC stamps on your cards. This is just darling. Love the sparkle and the embossed edge too Have a great day!

Cindy Beach said...

How I love those snuggle bunnies, they make the perfect impact on this card. Oh, the glittery hearts are perfection! Great take on our colors, Marcia, I love it!

cm said...

Your hearts are lovely and those two snuggle bunnies are melting mine! Soooo incredibly sweet!
hugs~carol

Stef Perry said...

What a sweet card, Marcia! Your CAS take on the challenge is fabulous, especially with the sparkly hearts and of course those darling bunnies! LOVE this, my friend!

Bobby said...

Those bunnies are adorable, Marcia. I know what you mean about some of the glitter paper. So glad you found a great source because those hearts are wonderful.

Bobby said...

Oops. I forgot to say thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Bobby said...

My head is not where it should be today, Marcia. I forgot to thank you for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia you did it again, you stole my heart! This is a beautiful card but what I love most is the care in which you designed and placed all the right elements! Love Love Love this my friend! Happy Valentines Day!

JulieP said...

This is just precious!!! I love your combination of the stamped image with those fabulous die cut hearts.