Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #92 - Use Our Sketch

Hello friends.  Welcome back to The Flower Challenge where we'd like you to Use Our Sketch for the month of June.


A pretty simple layout, and just perfect for adding a couple flowers!  Here's what I came up with using a favorite new die set from Spellbinders (Fresh Picked Anemonies)...


For my background piece I used Altenew's Masonry Wall EF (thanks Michele!) and then lightly ink blended gray over it to make the lines show up a bit better.  The flowers were die cut using different scraps of Concord & 9th cardstock, ink blended around the top and bottom edges a bit, and then glued together and added to the bottom of the center panel.

I finished with a strip sentiment and a few black enamel dots from Gina K.  Pretty simple card but I really like the way it turned out!

The DT has lots of wonderful inspiration that you can find right HERE, so check it out and play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till Tuesday, June 25th @ 5:00PM


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Marcia. Love it will have to play along.

Lisa Elton said...

You and Michele are going to force me to go shopping! Those flowers are so much fun. Love what you've done with them here, Marcia and the colors you picked. Pretty card!

Bonnie said...

These flowers look so pretty on the brick wall, Marcia! I love how you colored them and the way you used this sketch!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card Marcia! I love the soft wall and gorgeous flowers!

I Card Everyone said...

Well, I sure didn't use the sketch as well as you did, Marcia! so THAT's what those circles were for?? LOL
LOve your Anemones! love it ALL!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Those are the cutest anemones! I love them with just their heads peeking up from the bottom. And that wall! I should have gotten this folder. It looks just like our exterior chimney and front steps brickwork. You've made such a cheery card, and that's nice for sympathy because the bereaved is already sad enough. Your card is one to make a person feel better.

TK said...

Beautiful card, Marcia, I LOVE that embossing folder especially with the precious flowers in front of it!

Bobby said...

Those flowers are so much fun, Marcia, and I love them against that wall.

Birgit said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch! Those oversized anemones are so pretty in these colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is stunning! Love how you translated the sketch! That flower has been on my list, maybe now I will shop!